2.9

"I can't believe you just burst into the house like this to leave afterwards". Caterina mocked while she crossed her arms over her chest. "At least let me see the ring!". Giada added while the two were helping Elina unpack her suitcase from the trip to Sweden and pack her suitcase for the holiday she was taking with Daniel. Elina had told him she didn't mind where they were going and said he could surprise her as much as he wanted to. "I'm sorry". Elina laughed and stuck out her hand for the girls to see her ring. She had returned from Stockholm a couple hours ago and had eaten with Daniel first, getting into her room after to tell the girls to quickly help her with packing again. "That is so stunning, look at the diamond". Caterina sighed and moved her hand gently in the light to see the stone sparkling. "I don't want to make you shy, but this has costed a lot of money". Giada whispered. "I just think it is quite romantic he wants to spend it all on you". She blushed and so did Elina. "I'd say yes if he proposed with a pebble to be honest".

The three of them laughed at what she said. "Just tell us how it went". The girls said down on her bed and Elina told them about their walk to the blossom garden, where they danced and afterwards he went down on one knee to ask her to be his wife. "It was amazing, really. And then to think I hated that man with my soul when I just got here". Elina giggled. "Men like him look so tough and bossy, but once you've captured their heart... You're the real boss of the house now, Elina". Cate smiled. "But we have packing to do! A love trip with just the two of you". She clapped her hands with a dreamy sigh. "Charles better take me out soon". Giada muttered and Elina laughed. "Maybe you can find someone at our wedding, Cate". She told the brunette, who nodded with a gentle smile. She was the only one not around a guy at the moment and even though she said she liked the single life, Giada and Elina knew she'd like to be in a relationship as well.

"Where are you going actually?". Giada asked as they took the laundry out of her suitcase while Caterina searched for some new outfits to fold into it. "I have no idea. I told him to surprise me. I don't mind wherever we're going". Elina shrugged. "I'm sure he'll pick something romantic. Like a complete Island for just the two of you". Caterina mentioned, which made Elina scoff, yet she smiled as she knew Daniel would do something like that. "Or a cute, small place with nice sightseeings and some beaches". Giada suggested. "I'll send a post card if possible, okay?". Elina chuckled and the girls hummed in response. Soon enough, Elina's suitcase was empty and filled with clean clothes and bikini's for the summer get away. "Are you going to see Charles any time soon?". Elina asked as they walked downstairs, Mr. Evans following them with Elina's heavy suitcase. "I think so". She blushed, seeming to turn a bit shy at the subject. "He's coming over to Palermo then, but he's in a busy period". Giada explained.

"I'm sure he won't forget about you". Elina smiled. "Cuore mio". Daniel's voice sounded behind her and she turned around to smile at him. "Everything ready?". He asked and his arm parted from his side to take her into him. "I think so". Elina said and he leaned down to kiss her lips. "I can't wait to see you in a beautiful dress, Mrs. Ricciardo". Caterina smiled, giving her Daniel's last name already. "Me neither". Daniel said with a grin. "We'll help you choose". Giada said as she folded her hands behind her back, smiling at the pair. "Great". Elina smiled back and thanked them. "The jet is ready, destination already decided. Let's get going". Daniel said and briefly let go of her to call the guards he wanted to come with them. He wasn't getting a lot of the guards with them on the jet, but just a few to make sure Elina was safe every hour of the day, but that they could also have their private moments. "The flight is going to be quite long, are you comfortable?". Daniel asked, meaning in what she was wearing.

She wore a denim skirt and a shirt and she nodded. "I can change into some leggings on the flight as well". Elina replied. "Good". Daniel nodded, taking her hand in his to step outside of the house. A car was parked in front and it was going to bring them to the hangar where Daniel's jet was located. Elina began to get curious what destination he had choosen, but she didn't want him to tell her yet or say anything about it, so it would be a complete surprise. Their luggage was loaded into the trunk and Daniel and Elina sat down in the backseat. It was time to leave Palermo for a bit longer than just a couple days now.