0.2

Two and a half million euro's. Elina didn't feel like a woman anymore. Hell, she didn't even feel human anymore. She was sold on an auction, as if she was a thing, an object. In any kind of online game she'd be proud her character would be worth that amount of money, but it was a lot less funny when it was all real. As soon as the hammer had knocked down to indicate that she was sold, they brought her back to some kind of room. She was shoved on a chair and her wrists where tied to the armrests. She was sure her makeup was staining once more when she cried without knowing it. The tears just kept falling down her cheeks. Other men came in, not talking to her when they taped her mouth and wrapped a blind around her head to cover her eyes. Elina could scream, but no one could head her. She was swung over someone's shoulder and she hung there, not able to do anything.

Elina felt that they were sitting in something like a car as it was moving and she assumed she was sitting or laying in the trunk of it. Her body knocked against the sides every now and then, her shoulders and elbows protesting against the hard material. If she could just see anything, she'd kick out the taillights and try to sign to other people that she was here, kidnapped, but she couldn't get the blindfold to come off. Her hands were tied behind her back and she could only lay there, hoping whoever had bought her had some mercy on her. The car stopped and she roughly rolled forwards. She whimpered in pain. The trunk opened and she was lifted somewhere inside. She heard doors opening and closing and she was sat down somewhere, the surface of the chair cold to her legs that were still covered with the thin dress. "Andare ora". [leave now]. Elina heard, but she didn't understand.

It was quiet next, only a couple footsteps audible and they neared her. Her breathing quickened when she felt the fingertips of someone on her face. They lifted the blindfold and took it away from her. Elina looked down, but her face was lifted to look at the person's eyes. Her heart skipped a beat when the pure chocolate eyes looked back at her. His hair was even darker, slightly curling as well. "Will you keep quiet when I take this off?". He asked, his baritone voice making her blink a couple times. Elina nodded slowly and he pulled the tape away from her mouth. She wetted her dry lips with her tongue, swallowing the awful taste that covered her tastebuds. Elina looked around for the first time and the room she was in looked like a five star hotel room. The man who took her blindfold away kept looking at her, his dark gaze focused on her face. She must look wrecked. She hadn't done anything but cry during the car ride, the makeup on her eyes probably stained her cheeks and her foundation felt disgusting on her skin, as if she did a full workout and was sweating with the makeup on.

"Did they hit you?". The man asked and his fingertips moved over a bump on her forehead. Elina shook her head, trembling a bit from his touch. "It happened during the ride". He stated and she briefly looked into his eyes to indicate that he was right. He took her in further, his hand under her chin to force her to look at him. Her eyes were gorgeous, brighter than he had ever seen. Her hair was a mixture of brown and blonde, perhaps a hint of red. He wouldn't call it a dirty blonde colour, but she wasn't a brunette either. Her face carried strong yet friendly features, high collarbones, small nose, lips quite plumb. He felt her pulse racing beneath her skin when his hand glided over her neck, new tears welling up in her eyes when he did so. Elina taste the iron of her blood on her tongue when she harshly bit down on her lower lip to hold back another sob, not wanting to look like a child in front of this intimidating man. She felt naked under his gaze, even though she was still wearing the silver dress. His fingers played with the strap of the dress, moving under it to caress her bare shoulder and she sniffed softly, her eyes closing briefly when the tears poured out of them. "Lūdzu...". [please]. He looked at her in slight surprise by hearing the Latvian language.

"Don't rape me". He chose to ignore what she said, he didn't respond to it. "Will you stay here if I loosen your hands, princess?". Elina wanted to cry even harder at how he called her. She was no princess, she was a simple inhabitant of Riga and she wanted to go home. She expected him to take her face in his strong hand again. Instead, his hand brushed some of her long strands aside and he reached to undo the rope around her wrists. Elina immediately pulled her hands to herself, wiping her wet cheeks and rubbing her wrists to relief the sore skin a bit. It was slightly bruised by how tightly it was wrapped around her arms. She eyed the door in the bedroom, but she knew if she would run, everything would turn out even worse for her. Elina clearly remembered what Francesco had told her. "Don't screw this up for the lord, or only nightmares will follow". She didn't want to die here. "Get up". The tone in his voice hardened and she looked up at him like a reindeer in the headlights of a car.