1.0

Venus had been a happy goddess, spending her free time -when she wasn't down in the human world with her little Amores that fluttered around her and making other earthlings fall in love with each other-, with Vulcanus. The male Olympian was burning with fire, it ran through his veins. He created the most beautiful things for her, iron sculptures, gemstones worked in them. The goddess of love was in love. She was successful, surely some things went wrong, like the nymph Daphne who didn't fall in love with Apollo, but overall she got what or who she wanted. Still, the dark, mysterious Mars, the god of war and vengeance who was tall, broad and handsome, caught her attention some more.

The wargod took her into his arms and took her with him, letting her drown in the raging fire of his hands that so gently caressed her every time and little by little she drifted away from her first lover, Vulcanus.

That's how Elina felt when she was dancing with Pierre, a friendly dance. He had come up to her and asked her if she wanted to dance with him, when Daniel was on the side with a glass of champagne talking to a blonde, Mr. Vettel was his name as she had heard. Pierre had apologized to her again and she had shaken her head and said it was fine. It didn't take long before Mr. Ricciardo was on her side, barging in like the god of War with the flames in his eyes he had taken over from Vulcanus. Only a look at Pierre was enough to make him bow slightly and offer Elina's hand to Daniel. And that's where Mars had what he wanted, his Venus in his arms. "You could've asked him nicely". Elina murmured when Daniel's hand slipped in hers and his hand rested on her lower back.

"You, or him?". Daniel hummed in response. "Both". Elina rose her eyebrow. "As if you don't want to dance with me, Elina". Daniel said and twirled her around before pulling her into his chest. She forgot how to breathe for a moment, but absolutely didn't show that to him. "We're going to Paris next week". Daniel told her, as if it was nothing. "A business trip to Mr. Vergne, an old friend of mine". He explained and she nodded. Elina had never been in Paris before. "Why do I have to come along?". She asked and his eyebrows rose while they swayed to the music, her free hand resting on his chest. "You don't want to come with me to Paris?". He asked then and it made Elina roll her eyes as he was giving a new meaning to her words. "That's not what I said". She replied and he chuckled lightly.

"I'll be away for a couple days and I don't want to leave you here". Daniel said. "And you couldn't answer that the first time?". He noticed she was teasing him a big and he only shot her a glance before almost dropping her to the floor and the scooping her up again. "Mr. Giovinazzi is enjoying the party. Compliments to your work here". Daniel mentioned and Elina briefly looked over at the Italian who was in deep conversation with Mr. Evans, however he didn't fail to notice her and lift his glass of champagne up as a sign of hello, his right eye dropping in a wink. Elina smiled back and then scoffed. "Italians". Daniel chuckled lightly again. "You're also talking to me, you know that right?".

"I know". Elina hummed, not really feeling intimidated. "Everybody's watching you, Girasole". Daniel muttered in her ear. "I love making people jealous with what I have". He said next. "Like I'm your property ". Elina replied, her hand moving upwards to his shoulder while his moved further down to rest on her hip, pulling her body closer to himself. "You're my pretty angel, babe". A shiver ran up her spine and she didn't have a clever remark ready at that moment. They danced till Elina's feet were hurting from her shoes and she took a moment to have something to drink as well. People were looking at her, whispering things about her and she assumed it were all good things as Daniel proudly showed her off. Caterina and Giada had send her comforting smiles while they moved through the crowd with their plates full of drinks.

"What's the end time of this party?". Elina softly asked, looking up at Daniel when he paused his conversation with one of his partners. "Are you tired?". He asked with a chuckle. "I'm done". Elina replied, trying to find a comfortable position to stand in. "I'm sure Mr. Giovinazzi wouldn't mind to take care of me". She pouted slightly and it made Daniel's jaw slack before his arm curled around her and pushed her into his side again. "One more hour and the party's over". He gritted and Elina hummed something in response that he hadn't heard. Having Elina on his side definitely worked. He had received a lot of compliments about how beautiful she was and the interest of Mr. Vergne was nothing else but the result of her next to him.