Chapter 11

Lucas randomly waking up from a peaceful dream because of an odd feeling. Looking out the window to see it was still night, he let out a sign and got out of bed knowing that won't be falling asleep any time soon now that he was awake.

"Lucas?" Lucas look over to Sabre who appeared to be still sleepy.

"Nothing Sabre, go back to sleep," Lucas said. He knows that his friend suffers insomnia so he needs all the rest he can get.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll wake you up if anything happens"

"Kay" With that Sabre fell back asleep.

Lucas let out another signed before he went out of their shared and started to roam the castle to to see if taking a walk helps, it does for Sabre and he hopes he doesn't get lost. He opens doors leading into rooms, so far he found: guest rooms, study rooms, rooms that were locked, and then he found Plague's room. He was about to close the door to Plague's room, but he saw a picture on Plague's nightstand of two Steves.

Quietly, he entered the room and look at Plague to make sure he was still asleep then look at the picture. What he saw scared him; he put the picture down and quickly yet silently exit the room.

Lucas pretty much running to his and Sabre's shared room, he closed the door and woke up Sabre.

"Sabre!" Lucas whispered yelled.

"Mmh, Lucas? What's wrong?" Sabre sat up. Lucas was lost at words to tell Sabre what he saw so the brunette pulled him into a comforting hug, "Lu, what happened?"

"I-I woke up a-and went t-to take a w-walk a-and and-"

"Lucas calm down, deep breaths" Lucas knows why Sabre did not want anyone to see his eyes, but when ever he sees them he feels a wave of calmness wash over him.

Taking a deep breath, "I walk around the castle until I found Plague's room; they told me to go in there. Soon I found a picture. What I saw was..." Lucas barely said it loud enough for Sabre to here.

"Maybe you should ask him?"

"B-but what if he just save me because he-"

"Don't assume anything Lu, not yet anyways." Lucas nodded, "Hey how about you sleep here until morning, like when we were kids?"

"Like the good old days?" Both boys laughed and got under the green covers of Sabre's bed.

Lucas started to fall asleep while Sabre was wide awake. After Lucas left the room earlier, Sabre tried to go asleep once again but something clicked in his head about story Nightmare told them that didn't make sense to him: the illness that killed a whole village. Never has he ever heard that from anyone, there were no reports, no talk, no nothing, but it seems that only the Steves knows about it.

"Hey Lucas" Sabre said hoping his friend was awake so he can see if his theory was right.

"Yeah Sabre" Lucas yawned.

"The story that Nightmare told us, do you think it's true?"

Lucas thought for a moment, "For some reason I don't, why do you ask?"

"Remember when we were younger and our teacher taught about illnesses"

"Yes I do there-" Lucas' eyes widen in realization and whispered, "there was never an illness that killed a whole village was there"

"No"

"Then what's with Nightmare story, Plague and Dark seemed to know it as well"

"Maybe there's more to it then we know or the Steves were told that and believed it"