Chapter 14

I knew the end of Chapter 13 would be a laugh.

-------------------------------------------

Everyone gave Lucas a look after his comment, but the blonde just shrug; Sabre would have said the same thing as he did.

"So what now?" Rainbow ask to change the subject.

"Where are Sabre and Dark by the way?" Lucas questioned, looking around for his friend.

"Dark took Sabre to the library remember" Plague reminded.

"Hey grandpa"

"Yes Shadow"

"Is Silver my age?"

"Um"

"He's a bit younger than you" Lucas said helping Nightmare since he has yet to see his other grandson.

"Oh? Then doesn't mean that Uncle Light is alive? So where are him and Uncle Light?" Nightmare look over to Lucas so he can explain.

"Light and Silver are in my world; Light was very weak and scared when we found him. Sabre and I decided it would be safer for him to be in my world since we were dealing with the whole evil Steve fiasco" Lucas chuckled when he see everyone, but Rainbow, have a guilty expression, "Guys, we forgive you. Right Rainbow?"

"Right and Sabre would say the same thing. I mean he went off with Dark: technically the first Steve he even met and battled with for, what, a year, year and a half, before we 'destroyed' him." Rainbow said.

It seemed odd how Rainbow, Sabre and Lucas trusted Nightmare and the others so quickly, but it appeared that Blue and Green had a role to play for that to happen. As for Rainbow, he couldn't figure it out, but he felt an odd connection with Nightmare and Dark. He felt the same connection with Light, but he only realized it not long after they arrived in the Nightmare Dimension. Though he felt a weight lifted off his shoulder after remembering his past, he felt there was something else was missing.

Shadow looked down at Lucas' explanation: he never seen his uncle Light, he only heard stories from his grandpa, dad, and Plague. Light was the only one they would ever talk about, but his dad's younger brother (his grandpa's third son) was never to be spoken of because his dad would get very angry. Then the youngest of his dad's brothers brought a heavy heart to his grandpa. From what Shadow understood: Uncle Light was literally the light of his family. Once he was killed, Shadow's whole family divided.

Shadow felt a hand on his shoulder and look up to see Lucas' bright blue eyes, "Hey, once Sabre gets back we'll make a machine to get Light and Silver from my world here"

"Really" Shadow a big smile formed on his lips.

Lucas nodded with a smile of his own.

Shadow squealed and tackle Lucas into a hug saying 'thank you' over and over again.

'I get to see my Uncle Light and my cousin Silver' Shadow repeated in his head.....and out loud.

The other Steves laughed at Shadow's action and had their own thoughts about the light of the family coming. All were happy thoughts.

"Alright Shadow that's enough, get off my brother" Plague said as he help the youngest Steve then his brother off the ground.

"Should we tell Sabre and Dark?" Rainbow ask. Dark should know about his brother coming back and Sabre should know about his 'son' coming back. Yes Light considered Sabre as a fatherly figure/ a guider in a way.

Nightmare thought for a moment, "No, we should surprise them beside I want my son to have some alone time with his soon to be husband or wife"

"Really" Plague said with the straightest look ever.

"My grandson got me to see them together" Nightmare chuckled.

"Same here" Rainbow said nervously. Dark was their enemy, but that was in the past and he seen how Dark looks at his friend.

"Really! You too Rainbow. What about you Lucas?"

"I already said I call dibs to be Sabre's best man" Lucas huffed, "and I'm not letting anyone take the position from me. You all can fight me for all I care."

"You don't like my dad and Sabre being together?" Shadow said with a frown. Tears started to pool in his eyes.

"No no no, I do. I just don't want my best friend to be hurt a third time and no one to reject them. I don't want Dark to get hurt any more" Plague got quieter and quieter. This was the first time he referred Dark to be his best friend, but he knew the Steve since they were babies. He was there when Dark started to lose himself both times he lost someone and wanted to protect him from another heartbreak.

Plague look down in shame, all he wants is Dark to be happy. Light's death caused a huge separation in their friendship. He thought Blue would help Dark, but then those humans ruined everything. Sabre is Dark's last hope before he goes completely insane

Nightmare put a comforting hand on Plague's shoulder, "Sabre may not be stronger than a Steve, but he's not the weakest. What he lacks in power, he makes up in will"

"Trust me, it will take a lot to get him down." Lucas added. Sabre is the most willed and stubborn person he ever met.

Plague smiled, "Alright, only if I get to be the flower boy"

"That's my spot" Shadow pouted.

"Anyways, what materials do you need to make the machine Lucas?" Nightmare ask after everyone calmed down from laughing.

Lucas thought for a moment then started to list things he needed, "Iron blocks, red-stone, pistons, red-stone blocks, repeaters, a shovel, a pickax and I think that's it. I'll have to ask Sabre, he knows how to build it and knows more about machines than me and how to build them"

"Plague and I will get the materials from the storage room while Shadow, Rainbow and Lucas find an area to build the machine" Nightmare instructed.

Everyone did as told and went their separate ways. Lucas decided that the machine should be built in the basement and started to the machine with the help of Rainbow after Nightmare and Plague brought the materials. Shadow had left to get something to eat and drink.

The machine was about done when they heard an explosion and Shadow screaming for help. Plague quickly grab Lucas and Nightmare grab Rainbow and teleport to where Shadow was which was the living room, or what's left of it.

Shadow ran to where everyone was when he saw them. Nightmare pushed Shadow behind him towards Lucas as he stood in front of them with Rainbow and Plague. When they saw who the intruder was, everyone had mixed emotions:

Nightmare and Plague could not believe who they were seeing.

Shadow was confused to who it was, but figured it out once he saw his grandfather's expression.

Lucas felt fear as he remembers the events he encountered with the intruder.

As for Rainbow, he had mixed emotions, but anger was more present.

"It can't be" Nightmare gasped.

"I thought you banished him Nightmare!" Plague yelled.

"I thought we destroyed you" Rainbow growled.

"Grandpa is that"

"It is Shadow"

Lucas said nothing as he took a step back as his bright blue eyes filled with fear.

"Hello, father"