Chapter 23

All chapters have been edited. This will probably be the last chapter before the epilogue. Events are in order of when they happened

------------------

Sabre was wrapped in Cliff's arms after learning the truth of his past or most of it. Cliff is his brother, Beige was Blue's brother; just like him and Blue, Cliff and Beige are one of the same. Sabre was taken from his family, not abandoned like he thought he was. The reason he did not remember was that his napper forced him to forget. Cliff made a deal in hopes to find him, a deal that someone used for their advantage. As for Blue, his killer was his brother who was asked for to help Rainbow fulfill his destiny, but something went wrong. Here's the story that Sabre figured from Cliff's explanation:

Beige was asked to do the same thing as Nightmare and the others were to do: help Rainbow to become stronger. He knew his younger brother was traveling with the colorful Steve so he disguised himself as Cliff so Blue wouldn't know who it was. That was the day Beige became Cliff. The reason why Cliff(Beige) took Blue was to see Rainbow's strength and how far he would go for his friend; however, something dark took over his mind and corrupted him. When Cliff(Beige) found out what he had done to his brother and that Blue willingly died so Rainbow could live, he could go forward with the guilt. That was when Beige was reincarnated to Cliff and became Sabre's older brother.

Sabre also learned a little about Rift which was the same thing as Cliff, but his connection is with Green and was more complicated. The only hint that Cliff gave him was that Plague knew Rift's past self. There were so many questions that Sabre still wanted to ask, but held back because he felt some were a heavy topic for Cliff.

"James" Cliff muttered snapping Sabre from his train of thought.

"What?" Sabre look up at Cliff with a questioning expression.

"My birth name is James, the name you called me when you were a child. Cliff was the name that connected my past self and me to our misdeeds. Now that you know the truth, I want you to call me James"

"Alright" Sabre then smile, "James"

James smiled at his younger brother, he was so happy that he has his brother back after all this time. There was more he had to tell Sabre, but he'll do that in due time.

"Hey James"

"Yes Sabre"

"Can I tell Lucas?" Sabre asked, "He's my best friend and we don't keep things from each other"

As much as James didn't want anyone to know, he understands why Sabre wants to tell Lucas and told Sabre yes. The brothers hugged a bit longer before deciding they should head back before anyone comes out searching for them. They explain something to the others in the morning like Cliff's name is James and he's Sabre's older brother, small stuff.

--------------------

Plague was sitting on his bed in his and Dark's shared room playing with the locket he found earlier in the Nightmare Dimension after their battle with Rift. He was curious what's inside of it, but waited for Dark to fall asleep so he wouldn't be questioned. After looking on the outside on last time, Plague opened it only to drop it seconds later as shock and disbelief showed on his face. The locket dropped onto the floor with two pictures on both sides: one had a man with two children and the other one had a man with one child. If anyone else seen these pictures, then they would be confused, but Plague knew exactly who the people were in the pictures and that the images were taken years apart.

Before Plague passed out from shock, he whispered one thing, "Dad?"

----------------------

(Light fluff)