Chapter 2

Sabre noticed that once he said his friend's name something had happened within Rainbow since he suddenly froze and now look dazed.

-ue!" Rainbow yelled out suddenly, startling Sabre.

"Rainbow!?" Sabre tried to wake Rainbow up from whatever he was in by grabbing his shoulders and shaking him, but someone grabbed him from behind and hoisted him up and away from Rainbow.

The man hosted Sabre off his feet to the point he could not touch the ground, the man had to be several inches taller than Sabre. Though he fought to get out of the hold, the man was very strong and had a strong grip on him so Sabre could not get loose.

"Let me go!" Sabre yelled, he didn't know what was happening or who the person is, but he needs to fight in case who ever this is hurts him or Rainbow.

"Why would I do that little Sabre?" The man chuckled. Sabre tried to scream, but the man covered his mouth to muffle his screams, not only that the man covers Sabre's nose leaving him nowhere to breath. The brunette felt himself get lightheaded due to the lack of oxygen; his struggles lessen and felt himself ready to pass out. The man smirked at the boy that he has in his arms; soon enough Rainbow will come out of his trance and he'll make him remember all the pain from his past.

Just as the man predicted, Rainbow came back to the real world only to find a barely conscious Sabre being held by a man with dark blue eyes and black hair wearing a black cloak that hid the rest of his clothing. By then the man removed his hand from Sabre's mouths to let him breath also to get something from behind him.

"Sabre!" Rainbow got up to help his friend, but the man stopped him by holding a stone sword to Sabre's neck.

"Now, now, you wouldn't want to do anything rash do you?" The man said as he put the sword closer to the grey-eyed boy who tried to shrink back away from it.

Without the bandanna, Rainbow can see the emotions that filled his friend's eyes, but he wishes that he couldn't as of now; fear was an emotion that Rainbow did not like on Sabre. It was something that he never seen in Sabre, even in the worst-case scenario and he hopes he will never see that look again: fear is something that does not look good on Sabre.

"W-what do you want?! Let Sabre go!" Rainbow took a step forward only to take it back when he saw the man put the sword closer to Sabre's neck.

"Unfortunately, I can't." The man looks down at Sabre then back to Rainbow, "You don't remember who I am do you?"

"N-no. Am I s-suppose to?" The man chuckled as he put away the sword then he grabs Sabre's shoulder.

"Maybe this can remind you" The man buried his nails into Sabre's shoulder hard enough to make him scream out in pain and cause blood leak out.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" His scream and the way the man was hurting him trigger more of Rainbow's memories.

"Who are you?"

"What are you doing?!"

"Get away from me/him"

"Rainbow help me!"

"Why! Why are you doing this!"

"Someone with unusual grey eyes, how rare"

"You betrayed us"

"Correction, I used you to get what I wanted and what I wanted was him!"

"Cliff!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Rainbow gasped as he seen all these memories flash before him. The man that stood in front of him, holding his best friend, was the one who took his best friend, the one who took Blue away from him in the past and tried to kill him when he tried to stop them, but ended up killing Blue in the end. Anger flooded through Rainbow's veins as a dark aura surrounded him.

"You! You were the one who hurt and killed Blue! You took him away from me! Cliff!" Rainbow gritted his teeth, the anger and hatred he had for the old foe has returned full force plus more now that he has Sabre in his grasp. Some of his colors turned a shade darker than they originally were.

"Now you remember" Cliff smirk. He was not expecting Rainbow to filled with so much anger, he was counting on some, but not this much. Though this complicates their plans a bit, though nothing he can't fix.

"R-Rainbow who is he?" Sabre was very confused and scared at the same time. Rainbow had remembered the guy from hearing his own scream. The place where the man had grabbed his shoulder now felt numb and the bleeding had soak through his white chicken suit; staining it badly.

"Ah, don't worry your head little Sabre. All you need to know is that you are coming with me and I'm not letting you go again" Cliff promise. He ran his hand through Sabre's soft brown hair, he was not planning to let his little treasure slip away again.

"Wh-what? A-again?" Sabre's body shook more and more; he was very afraid. Feeling Cliff's hand running through his hair made him shiver, not that it could be seen since he was shaking in fear.

Cliff look over to Rainbow with a smirk, "You know what I mean, don't you?"

Rainbow was trying his best to hold himself back from killing Cliff, at least not in front of Sabre.

"Yah, but I won't let what happened then happen now" Sabre saw something in Rainbow's eyes changing: his kind red eyes harden and got darker. He also noticed that the colorful Steve's colors were getting darker as well.

"Oh? And how are you going to-" He was cut off when Rainbow shot him in the shoulder with an arrow making him lose his grip on Sabre; allowing him to run to Rainbow who pushed him behind him to protect him. Sabre peak out to see Cliff falling to his knees in pain.

"Argh!" Cliff screamed making Sabre flinch, and Rainbow grin. Rainbow remember what Cliff had done to him and Blue, especially Blue. He was going to make him pay for even thinking to repeat what he has done to Blue to Sabre. Rainbow started to walk over to him with an iron sword in hand but stop when he felt someone hold his unoccupied hand. He turned to see a scared Sabre; his red eyes soften looking into Sabre's scared yet calm grey eyes.

Sabre had noticed the murderous aura that Rainbow was radiating when he started to walk to Cliff and even though he still had no idea what happened between them, he didn't want Rainbow to do something he would regret. So, he grabbed the other's hand to get his attention. It works, he saw how his eyes soften. The human knew he had to get Rainbow as far away from this person, so he started running, passing Cliff and went out of the cave away from him.

Cliff, on the other hand, manage to get the arrow out of his shoulder. He looks where the pest and the grey eye human had run off. Oh, how he's going to get what he wants, and he's going to rip him from that pesky Rainbow right in front of him like he did last time, but this time he will make sure Sabre stays his.

"Sabre, you are the one that I have been looking for years. I let you slip out of my grasp once before, and I'm not going to let that happen again." Cliff walk around the cave when he spotted something on the ground: Sabre's bandanna, "Oh Sabre, even after all this time."

Cliff pick up the black bandanna, and rubbed the material between his figures, "There is one thing I'm curious about: why do you hide your eyes?"

-----------------------------------------------

A figure watch as everything played out before he retreated where his allies were.

"He is back. Both Sabre and Rainbow encountered him, but they manage to escape." He told the two figures that stood before him.

"Good job, let us know when they are near" One said.

"Yes sir" The figure disappeared back into the shadows and the two continue to wait for the right time.