Chapter 10- "uh hi"

Playlist for this chapter:

'Mirror' by Ellie Golding

'Cold Water' by Major Lazer ft Justin Bieber & MO

'Stay' by Rihanna ft Mikky Ekko

'If I lose myself' by OneRepublic

'Alone' by Alan Walker

                             🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

Emma's POV

In the dark of the night I found myself surrounded by five or six men, I don't know I was too tired to count. They were filthy to say the least. I think they were from the streets judging by their clothes and their pungent stench.

Leave it to me to jump from a frying pan into the fire.

I try to push past them but they gather around me. Uttering nasty comments that made my skin curl. "Don't touch me." I yell.

"We just want to play doll." One man says.

"Don't touch me!" I yell again but that just makes them laugh and soon I'm pushed up against a wall by one of them. "Now if you don't fight I'll go easy on you."

"But I won't". Echoed a voice from behind them. My tears came to an abrupt stop. The men turned around while one still kept a strong hold on me. Even through my blurry vision I knew exactly who was standing there tall and broad.

"And who are you pretty boy." One of them asks.

"Your worst nightmare, you little bitch." Leo smirks and the men pounce on him. Not one by one like in the movies. No, they all jumped on him at once. All but one who was still holding onto me. Like a freaking ninja Leo dodged all their kicks and punches, skilfully beating all of them up, Left uppercut, right uppercut, and some other boxing terms I do not know. With a thump they all dropped to the ground.

Leo gave a look to the man holding me. His eyes livid and ready to kill. The man gulped and dashed away. I slowly yet bravely turned back around after seeing the squirmy man's form fade away.

"Uh, hi." I waved my hand giving a goofy smile. Leo's expression was the same. It only made me wonder what he would do to me for trying to run away. I closed my eyes as he made his way to me. I opened one eye to peek at him when nothing happened. Leo was taking deep breaths, his face laced with what looked like worry. His arms came up to me and I leaned back out of fear. His hands rested on my shoulders as he pulled me towards himself.

What in the world?

"Did they hurt you?" He asked in a husky voice. His firm grip on me was making me weak but I didn't know if it was because of tiredness or his nearness. I couldn't speak, not with him touching me, so I just nod 'no'. Leo sighed out of relief closing his eyes but when he opened them, the worry was far gone and all that was left was anger, pure anger in those striking blue eyes.

His calloused hand roughly wrapped around my arm and he started taking me back to that building. I tried to fight but his grip was ironclad. "Leo please let go."

"Let me go, please just let me go." No response. "Leo!" I yell but his glare was enough to silence me. He was too strong, there was nothing I could do to hold back, so I did the only thing I could. I crossed my legs and sat down on the ground.