26

I woke up to Ethan holding India and Grayson was gently shaking me. I sat up and Ethan passed India to me. As I held her, wondered weather I had just dreamed that. I rub my eyes and check the date on my phone. Wednesday 15th May, our anniversary. We became boyfriend and girlfriend 3 years ago today. I felt so confused. My head was spinning. Did I just dream that?  

"Are you okay Kylie?" Grayson asked, sitting on the end on the bed. 
"I, I just don't know" I sighed, "I feel like I just woke up from a nightmare" 
"What about?" Ethan questioned
"Shawn cheated on me with Camila" I paused, "I did dream it right?" 
Ethan and Gray exchanged a look before Grayson let out a sigh. 
"It was all a dream, right?" I stumbled on my words, preparing to be hit once again with the worst pain possible, heartbreak. 
"I'm so sorry Kylie" Grayson muttered with a nod as Ethan pulled me and India into a hug. 
I let the tears stream down my face as I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. 

As I was eating breakfast, my phone buzzed with a notification from Instagram, Shawn had just posted. Curiously, I clicked the tab and opened Instagram to see pictures of me and Shawn. One from us in Hawaii, one from us on a road trip, one of us in the ocean, a fourth at the beach, a selfie of us on a plane and some of me and India. As I looked through them, my heart sank into a pit. 

I reminisced on the memories behind each photo and didn't realise I was crying until I felt a tear roll down my cheek. 
"Hey, are you okay?" Emma asked, noticing me. 
I simply nodded, biting my cheek to stop more tears threatening to spill out my eyes. 
"Oh honey" Lauren muttered, gently rubbing my back. I began to sob and she pulled me into a hug. 
"I miss him" I choked out between my cries. 
"I know you do" Emma soothed
"It's our anniversary. How could he have thrown it all away? I love him. I still love him" I cried
"Kylie, don't cry" Lauren warmly smiled at me. 
"I need to talk to him" I sniffed, wiping some of my tears off my cheeks. 

I grabbed my phone and text Shawn 'call me when you get this'. Within a few seconds, my phone began to ring. I exhaled and picked up instantly, desperate to talk to him.

"Hi Shawn" I replied, walking upstairs for more privacy. 

"Look, I'm so sorry. I really am. I promise you it will never happen again." He sighed, mumbling towards the end. 
"And you also promised you would never hurt me Shawn, not all promises are followed through"
"I- Kylie please. I'm sorry. I want to see you." He stated
"Shawn, not right now. I have to go to an ultrasound." I muttered
"Well then let me come with you, please." He said, I could hear a car door shutting and I looked out the window to see Shawn stood outside. 
"You dick" I sighed before hanging up. 

I raced outside to him. As I approached him, all the emotions fizzled out of my head. All I cared about was seeing him, the man I love. Shawn pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around him, his sweet cologne filling my nose. His hands pulled me closer to him and he gently stroked my back. 
"I'm so sorry" He whispered into my ear. "I promise it won't ever happen again. I just felt so depressed without you and it was really stupid of me."
"It was really stupid Shawn," I sighed, pulling away from the hug to look at him. "And I'm not going to lie, I'm really pissed off with you. But I also love you so fucking much and I need to be able to trust you again." 
"Do you need some time?" He asked
"I-I don't know" I replied, looking at the floor. 
"Do you still want this?" Shawn placed my engagement ring on the palm of my hand. 
"Of course I do Shawn." I smiled, closing my had around the ring. "But can I trust you?"
"Yes, I promise you, you can trust me." He sighed, lacing his hand on my jaw. 
I stood on my tiptoes as he guided me into a kiss. Our lips met and I felt that same spark I felt three years ago. As mad as i am at him, I couldn't live without him.