17~ Office

It's still bothering me. But it shouldn't be. I should be tougher and stronger than this.

The fact that no one has noticed my eye still being slightly swollen, or the fact that my actual eyeball is bloodshot most of the time-it's bothering me.

I wish it wasn't. I hate being that girl that always needs help. Kind of like the crybaby, I hate being the cry baby.

Well, I never am the cry baby in the first place, I just don't want to turn into one.

"Miss. Cohen!" The supply Science teacher yells from the front of the classroom.

I hate havin' supplies. They don't know us, yet they try to teach us in ways that they don't know will work or not. But this old hag has been with us for two days and will continue to be with us for another week because our actual Science teacher is on a cruise-or something.

"Yes?" I replied, not giving a care in the world.

"Can you answer question number seventeen?" She asks, gesturing to the whiteboard behind her.

I glanced around until I saw the number seventeen, then I read the question beside it.

'Name four natural sources of carbon dioxide.'

"I mean, I can answer it. But, it depends on whether or not you would like a correct answer." I stated, people in the class clearly stifling a chuckle.

"I never asked for the attitude." She tells me, putting her hands on her hips.

I restrained myself from rolling my eyes,

"And I never had my hand up."

"Well, would you please answer the question." She demanded, stepping to her left which made it easier for me to see the board. Although I could see it before.

"Would you like a right answer?" I questioned her.

I saw Jamie from the corner of my eye, he was about to lose his shit. His eyes were slightly watering, his face was red and he had his hand covering half of his face to restrain himself from laughing.

I lightly hit his leg and the teacher began speaking again,

"Well, yes. That's all a teacher wants."

"Then you might wanna ask someone else. Maybe one of the smart kids who actually had their hand up." I retorted.

She let out a small huff,

"Well alright then."

She glanced around the classroom, but her eyes stopped on someone in particular and she began speaking,

"Mr. Coleman. Is something funny to you?"

I glanced at Jamie as he spoke, trying his hardest not to laugh,

"No, mam'n."

She nodded her head and continued on with the lesson that nobody gives a shit about.

Jamie leaned closer to my ear,

"Your killin' me, Cohen."

I smirked and looked to the other side of the room where Kade sits.

He gave me a thumbs up while he put his other hand over his mouth, stopping a laugh from coming out.

I smirked and returned one.

"Alright, Miss. Cohen. Would you like to go down to the office?" The old hag-I mean teacher snapped.

"What did I do this time?" I exclaimed, leaning back in my chair.

"You are distracting the class by hand-speaking with the boy at the front." She explained.

This time I really did want to roll my eyes more than ever, but didn't,

"I would've texted him but you make us put our phones in the 'phone bin'." I stated, pointing to the clear container on her desk at the front of the room, which is holding everyone's phones.

"I am aware that you don't put your phone in there, anyways." She told me.

True. Not gonna lie, I don't want to put my phone on the bin. Plus, I don't care.

"Yeah, but if I was caught texting, you would interrupt the class to take my phone away." I retorted.

"Alright, go down to the office." She said to me, pointing at the door.

I smiled and nodded, gathering my things.

I stood up and out of my chair, holding my belongings in my arms. My legs lead me through the class.

As I was walking past Kade's desk, he held his hand out low so I could high-five him.

Gladly, I accepted it.

"Mr. Kourtney. You may join her." The hag stated.

We both burst out into small fits of laughter, as he gathered his things and followed me out the classroom door.

"Kade, you just got in trouble because of me." I exclaimed, we began to make our way closer to the office.

"Whatever, I didn't want you to go alone. Rather it be a pack than a lone wolf." He stated,

"Besides. That teacher sucked."

I laughed,

"I agree."

"I'm not big on school in general," he started,

"My uncle had a reputation of being the kid who just didn't give a care in the world. I'm tryin' to follow."

I glanced at him,

"He came to this school?"

"Yeah, actually. I was named after my him, too. Kade Kourtney. He was a dancer. Except his name was just Kade, not Kayden-like mine." He explained.

I nodded,

"And since you're looking into the gang stuff, I'm assuming he was involved?"

I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye,

"Yeah, the Pythons."

I nodded,

"Oh."

"There's six of us in the squad, so that means three an-," he tried to say, but I cut him off,

"Woah. What squad?"

He glanced at me and let out a small laugh,

"Me, you, Charlie, Alexa, Colton and Jamie."

"We're a squad?" I questioned him.

He nodded with a shrug,

"I like to think so. We're the break in the two gangs, and we all hang out-as well as investigate history."

I laughed at the way he described what we all do together,

"Alright then, continue."

"In our squad, there's six of us. You're connected to The Blue Bloods. So is Colton and Charlie. Then the other three of us are connected to the Pythons. Like, half and half." He explained.

I nodded, understanding exactly what he was saying.

The office came into view as we turned a corner, but then the sound of loud slaps against the hall floor echoed through the school.

Me and Kade both spun in the direction of the sound. Then, the familiar sky blue eyes came into view as they rushed around the corner.

Jamie came to a halt.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Kade asks him.

Jamie glanced between us, me... then Kade... me... then Kade,

"Just-uh-joining the party."

_______________________________