Sasuke's Confession

Sasuke's Confession:

"Sarada, I must tell you something...  you must never tell your mother," Sasuke says calmly, observing his daughter. His raven eyes raking over her face, she nods, beckoning him to continue.
"I had been obsessed with one thing since the death of my parents, to avenge them by killing my brother, Itachi. I joined Orochimaru for this exact reason, to gain enough power to kill my elder brother, by joining him I abandoned The Hidden Leaf Village" he continues, no longer looking at her, shame creeping into his features, sparking her curiosity.
"You know the Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki," Sasuke says his voice lilting with sadness, "Well, Naruto and I trained together from the beginning, we became good friends, Sakura too," his voice drops to a whisper, completely lost in his own reminiscing. His eyes no longer seeing the same things Sarada is. "When I left Konoha, Naruto never gave up on me. He continued to search for me, and chase after me, even after I threatened to kill him. And, when he needed me most I wasn't there, I wasn't there for him. Like a true friend should have." Sasuke's voice cracks, he's now choking on his own emotion, his tears spilling over, his careful facade gone. He sees Sarada again, and Sarada is terrified. She has never seen her father cry, much less show this much emotion. Not even towards her own mother.
"I have always loved your mother, and nothing will ever change that Sarada, and nothing will ever change how much I love you. But, I have always loved someone since the very beginning and I lost him because I made the biggest mistake. I love him as a friend, as a comrade, and I love your mother as one would love their closest friend. But, I have loved Naruto with all my heart since the very beginning, and I have made such a large lifetime of mistakes that I could never make it up to him to prove myself worthy. So, instead of getting hurt by rejection, I married Sakura, knowing she would forgive me. And, if I told her I loved her she wouldn't hesitate to love me back, I will never leave your mother. Not even if Naruto begged me, because we both have necessary roles to fill. And, we cannot lose sight of that." Sasuke see's Sarada's expression after telling her all this. And to reassure her, he reaches out to her, placing his hand on her head and bends over to kiss her forehead.
"Don't worry Dad, I won't tell anyone, this is between you and me." She whispers, hugging him tightly around the waist.