Drunk and Alone

Naruto's POV: Second Part Coming

In a drunken haze I put the bottle of Sake down on my table, stumbling in a fog to sit down on my chair. I miss and land grandly on my rear-end with a thud. I reach up and pull the bottle to me, taking another sloppy swig, most of the alcohol missing my mouth and dripping down on to my orange t shirt. I try to be happy, I really do. I try to smile my brightest despite my darkest days, I try to eclipse my feelings but it never works.
I have loved Sasuke Uchiha so long it's almost like breathing. In and out my love for him cycles, irrevocably unconditionally in love with the man who left me. Unconsciously my breathing begins to speed up, hiccuping as I breath out. Shaking back and forth my arms wrapping around my knees as the tears start to fall, silent tears that eventually crash into full out sobs. Wracking my whole body, shaking me from my toes to my hair. My sobs increase in volume, eventually becoming hysterical as I fight my crying and try to breath. I eventually stop trying to suppress my sobs, and lay down on my back with my hands over my face as my saltwater tears make my face raw.
I suddenly remember the time I asked Iruka if it was okay to like boys. I had just become a Genin, and Iruka had taken me out for ramen at Ichiraku, and was walking me home. I had been thinking about it alot lately, for reasons I will never really know. I asked him,
"Iruka Sensei?"
"Yes Naruto?"
"Is it okay... to, ya know... like boys?" My voice had dropped at the last two words, and I had cover my mouth with my hand and leaned in closer to him. He laughed softly at me and ruffled my hair,
"Yes Naruto, there's nothing wrong with it. Some people think that a man liking a man, or a woman liking a woman is wrong, but what's really wrong is the way the treat them. Never treat someone different because of who they are, that's worse than the worst crime you could ever commit. You got it?"
I had nodded eagerly at his words, my head bobbing up and down in my anxious state. I suddenly came crashing back to reality on my bamboo floor of my apartment, the salt stinging my face at my breathing slowed, and my state of despair went from bad to worse. I simply felt numb, that's how much pain I was feeling. Like how when the waters so hot it feels cold. The pain felt soothing and cleansing even though it was burning me inside out. My thoughts went back to Sasuke, his stupid messy hair, with his beautiful eyes. The way all his fangirls would moon over him, and I would stand in the background pretending to be jealous of the attention, but really jealous over the fact that these girls could love Sasuke openly. And I was at loss to know how.
"Sasuke... please come home..." I helplessly whispered into the stuffy air, as I removed my hands from my face. The last few tears I had left to cry, trickling out of my eyes past my temples running through my hair. I then heard a voice,
"Oh, Naruto..."
I scrambled to get up, banging my head on the table, and spilling the remaining contents of the sake in the process.
"Sasuke?"