Bad Date

She is thirty minutes and seventeen seconds late, according to the watch that sits on my wrist. I watch the small black smart device go dark, before impatiently scanning the restaurant again. The place is packed full of men in dark suits, and women with dresses too short and lashes too long to be real. Sequins assault my eyes, and I wonder why I'm still here. A flash of blonde catches my eye and I turn to see a blonde waiter with striking blue eyes serving a tray of drinks to a table of velvet and silk clad women in their fifties. The boy could be no younger than twenty, and is most likely a few years younger than me. I nearly forgot all about the absence of my date at the sight of the blonde until a tall younger woman sits across from me, apologizing profusely. I know just by looking at her, that she is of no interest to me. Though she is fairly attractive, with long auburn hair paired with a dark red dress, she is nothing compared to the blonde waiter.
    The date drags slowly, and by the end I gladly let her leave. She didn't seem to like me much, but I scan the loud restaurant(with some french name I don't care to remember) looking for a flash of gold and Azure. My eyes wander in disappointment as I realize he isn't here. I hear a set of footsteps approaching me from behind, and before I have the chance to face them i hear a rich voice,
"Looking for me?" I whipped my head around to see the blonde waiter no longer in his uniform. He is clad in a black sleeveless shirt, tucked into a pair of jeans. The wandering ink on his arms a stunning sight, just like the scars on his cheeks.
"As a matter of fact, I was," I smirked at him, looking him over once, immensely grateful for the dimmed lighting in the room.
"Is this seat taken?" He asks, grinning.
"Nope. Saved it just for you," I sip my glass of wine, and then decide to make this really something.
"Gee, thanks. How will I ever repay you," He winks, before I can speak, and sits down across from me. Gesturing to another uniformed waiter to bring him a German Beer.
"So, what got you working here?" I ask, leaning back in my seat to observe him. He leans forward on the table, resting his chin in his palms and grins.
"I just like the discount I get on the drinks. It's really useful when you get stuck with the bill with your friends."
"I can imagine."
    He smiles again at this, and I can't help but hope that I wake up to that smile tomorrow morning.