One Last Time

He was the sun, and I the moon. He was the wind to my fire, forever fueling my flames, he was the lightning during my perpetual thunderstorm, illuminating this dreary rain soaked world for moments that seemed to last forever when I was bathed in his light. He always seemed to be my opposite, he seemed to be the one who carried me when I could no longer carry myself. The only person I could ever really lean on after Itachi betrayed me. Naruto, the one and only constant thing in my life. The one who was there for my tears. There for my pain. There for my remorse. There to forgive me.
    Even when he chased after me, I could tell that he was only getting stronger. I was blinded by rage and hate, but he was blinded by his determination and his need to bring me home. They all say Naruto and I have the curse of the two lovers. Two people made for one another, but that weren't made to be together. Two halves of a whole, who have to find someone to fill the gap. All the old women on the street whispered this as I would pass by, about how the substitutes never really work, never fit quite right. Like a new pair of shoes compared with the older broken in pair. They say that you sometimes have to substitute things like a real diamond, with a crystal. And though it is never as precious, and you can never really hold it in the same light, revere it in the same way.
    He... is always on my mind. Running through it constantly. And I wonder, who will I have to find to fill the void? Sakura? Ino? Neither of them would do me any good. When I'm with either of them I only think of Naruto. His smile, his laugh, his cries of joy, and his cries of pain. The look on his face whenever he sees me, it lights up brighter than a shooting star on a winter night. When I'm away from him, home alone, I can hear the screams of the dead seeping out of the walls slipping in my ears, I can feel Itachi's hot tears dripping on the floor. My mother and father's bodies crumpled like bags of rice, lying sickening on the floor. Blood dripping from his blade, his eyes flashing red. His deep voice telling me to run and to hate him. His ghost always present, my home is a constant reminder of the life that should have been. Could have been. I can hear the laughter of my younger self, careless and free, and I wonder, if Itachi hadn't gone through with his orders, where would I be? At Naruto's side at all times? Or married to someone like Sakura? And I don't wish for it to be any other way. My love for Naruto is irreplaceable, inconquerable, unable to be held by this fragile thing humans call a heart.
    I'm brought back into reality, pulled out of the deep void of my thoughts by the broken sobbing of the boy I love. Tears pour down his face, mixing with the blood and the rain. His hands grip the hilt of the sword plunged through my stomach, pressing me into the soft muddy ground. My weight forcing the mud into an imprint of my body. Every muscle in my body aches, burns with the desire to tell him one last thing. But, as I open my mouth to speak I end up coughing out blood onto my chin and cheekbone.
"Nar-u-to," I manage to cough out, sending a searing pain through my chest and throat. Every breath is a chore, every syllable like a burning sword was plunged down my throat scraping at my insides. I look up at him, tears flowing harder now. His eyes hold a desperate unfathomable look that i know so well. The kind of desperation where you would do anything to save this one person in this one moment, you would carve your own head off on a silver platter just so that they might breathe one more breath. My voice is raspy as I continue, looking deep into crystalline blue,
"I need you to promise me something," I whisper the words reaching up a hand, it's shaking horribly, my muscles spasming from the pain. I rest my hand on his on the hilt of the sword, "Promise me that you won't ever give up, and whatever you do... don't look back. Don't seek revenge for me, revenge won't be worth it. You'll only end up hating yourself," my voice fades to a broken whisper as I feel the cold hands of death approaching.
"Sasuke! Please!," He sobs, desperate and afraid. Blue eyes spilling and ocean onto our hands. He clutches my cold pale hand in his, "I love you! I need you here! You can't leave me behind! Not again!"
"I'm not leaving," I sigh, the words coming out a garbled mess as death wraps his long frigid finger around my neck, but I continue anyway,
"I'm just going to meet up with you somewhere else,"
"Sasuke please!" Death's grip on my neck tightens and my eyelids feel too heavy, everything covered by a thick blanket of black,
"I love you... Naruto... The Nine-Tails Jinchuriki. I love you," Is the only thing I can choke out as I feel air rush from my lungs one last time. I hear Naruto's cries, as his lightning lights up my sky. One. Last. Time.