Chapter 2 No Time

Adriana's POV

"We haven't much time where's Bard?" I demand l rummaging through the netting on the ceiling. "It's not there!"

"Why?" Fili asks.

"He has the last black arrow!!" I snap.

"He ran off with his son Bain" Oin says.

"Ugh okay I have to find him and I don't have minutes. You guys if Smaug comes jump in the water" I explain and run out.

"BAIN BARD" I screech running along the docks.

"Lady Adriana I need your help" Bain runs up guards on his tail.

"I need the black arrow or else we are all gonna die" I retort.

"They took it I didn't hide it well enough and they took it" Bain points to the head guard who is holding the back arrow.

"FOOL!! Give me that" I rip it from the head guards grasp. "Oh and if you have Bard in custody release him" I demand and grab Bains hand. Shoving last the confused guards and dragging Bain with me I look up. Smaug is getting closer. "If the dragon comes jump in the water."

"What about you?" Bain asks.

"Don't worry about me" I answer turn and run.

"Wait do you even know the way to the windlance?" Bain shouts after me and I freeze.

"Show me the way please. But if Smaug comes jump in the water no questions asked" I order.

"Okay come on follow me" Bain grabs my hand and drags me through the city. It reminds me of the time Legolas showed me a secret waterfall in Greenwood.

Flashback

"Come on nana follow me" Legolas squeals and grabs my hand dragging me through the lush forest.

"Were are we going baby?" I laugh and follow willingly.

"Almost there" he answers. Then we break through the underbrush and into an open glade with a gorgeous little waterfall.

"It's so pretty" I marvel. "Thank you for showing me sweetheart" I bend down and pick him up in my arms.

"Your welcome nana" Legolas squeals. "But ssh this place is a secret."

"Okay this will be our secret place" I whisper androids his little nose.

Present

In those days Greenwood was safe and roaming the forest wasn't a dangerous task. I miss those days when Legolas was young and Greenwood was bright.

"Hurry faster Bain! EVERYONE JUMP IN THE WATER" I shout as we pass frantic townspeople.

"I'm going as fast as I can" Bain retorts.

"I know sorry but he's getting closer! Oh gosh for someone who's going to live forever I have no time!" I groan under my breath.

"Here just up those stairs. I've got to find my father and sisters" Bain led me to a tower. Old beaten down stairs lead up to the windlance.

"Go find your father but don't worry about your sister Fili Kili and Oin are with them" I nod towards Bain. Looking up the stairs takes me back.

Flashback

"Are you okay? My lady you should be resting" a frantic maid runs up to me. I fell down the stairs. She's right I just had Legolas yesterday.

"Yes but my baby he's crying I must get to him" I try to push myself up.

"He has a nanny with him" the maid replies helping me up.

"No no no nannies! You can tell the king that no nanny will care for my son. I can do it myself" I insist and start up the stairs again.

"My lady I simply can't let you go your going to hurt yourself!"

"Then help me! I'm going to my son. No one is going to stop me" I growl and grab onto the railing belong myself up.

"Yes my lady" the maid grabs my arm and steadied me as I go up the stairs.

Flashback

It was a small staircase but it felt huge. I was exhausted but I just had to get to Legolas. Thank Aule he's far away from here now and Tauriel is with him. Looking at this staircase makes me feel the same.

I have to get to that windlance.

I have to stop Smaug.

I have to save these people.

I can't let then die.

Even if it means losing my life I will protect them.