Chapter 17 Swinging Swords

Credit to ssilcat on tumblr for this amazing picture!

Bella's POV

I am not entirely sure when I had to start fighting but it didn't take long at all. One second I was on a horse behind Adriana the next I'm running towards Dale waving my sword and killing orcs. The Orc army made a move to cut us off from Dale so now I'm running to defend it with Bard and some of the elves. Thorin and the comapny have still not arrived and I'm thankful for that. It may be selfish because we really need their help but as long as they are in that accursed mountain they are safe.

Swing.

Block.

Slice.

Duck.

Kick.

Slash.

I hate fighting its so repetitive. Kick one orc behead the other. I've killed so many I've lost count. Not to mention I'm covered in black blood and dirt.

"Ah!" I gasp when an orc slashes my arm. I stagger slightly before swinging my sword sloppily with my good arm and killing it.

"Bella you alright?" Adriana asks riding up.

"As any person can be in the midst of battle" I respond in a short breath.

"Keep safe Bella no matter what you do you must keep safe" Adriana says solemnly as if she knows something awful is about to happen.

"Alright give me a ride to Dale?" I ask.

"Definitely" Adriana nods and grab any arm belong me onto her horse. In seconds we are at Dale but orcs are swarming it's close to being lost.

"Adriana I hope you know I love you" I say as we enter Dale.

"I love you too but we are gonna make it out of this" Adriana promises.

"Adriana-"

"No Bella I swear on my life you will get out of this!"

"Okay" I sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legolas's POV

The fighting slowed a little after awhile. Thats when I saw huge bats coming from over Ravenhill where Azog was directing his army but I am sure that means another army is coming.

"Gandalf another army is coming!" I exclaim running up to him.

"What? How do you know that?" Minto asks leaning heavily on a pillar. Bodies and blood lay strewn along the ground of Dale proving the worst of this battle.

"The bats" I explain.

"Gandalf rams with dwarves are going up Ravenhill!" mom yells pointing.

"Theirs another army it's a trap!" I snap.

"Someone must warn them" Gandalf states and Bella instantly raises her hand.

"I will."

"Bella no! You'll get hurt I won't allow it!" mom remarks.

"I'm not asking you" Bella counters and runs past us. In a second she disappears into thin air.

"Bella no! I'll go after her to make sure she stays safe" mom sighs and then she's running off too.

"Boys keep fighting and stay safe" Gandalf instructs and then he's swinging his sword fighting off orcs.

"Ready for another bout?" I ask Minto grabbing his shoulders and steadying him.

"I'm not but that doesn't matter I'll still fight" Minto admits wiping his face with the back if his hand. He has cuts and bruise all over but he looks determined. "You?"

"I am honored to fight beside such a fearsome hobbit" I respond and ruffle his hair.

"I am honored to fight beside such a brave elf" Minto says and pats my arm. "Now let's kill some orcs!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella's POV

By the time I made it to the too of Ravenhill Fili and Kili had already gone inside the ruins to look for orcs.

"No why did you let then go! It's a trap! This is a trap!" I blurt out ripping the ring off to appear in front of Dwalin and Thorin.

"What?" Dwalin asks.

"It's a trap!" I repeat. "This is a trap lain by Azog!"

"The she hobbit is right" a cold deep voice grumbles and I whip around to see Azog holding Fili by his jacket collar. "This is a trap you've fallen right into. Now I shall destroy your line starting with your heir."

"Unc-agh" Fili gasps losing his words as Azog plunges his shiny new sword arm into Filis stomach.

"FILI" Kili screeches from a lower part of the ruins.

"NOOO!" Thorin and I scream as blood spurts from Filis lips. Azog just grins and tosses Filis body to our feet. My stomach drops and I fall to my knees next to him.

"Fili no no no!" I cry pressing my hands to the bleeding wound. Blood instantly coated my hands as Fili chokes on blood desperate for air. "Breathe just keep breathing okay?"

"I'm-m go-onna be okay" Fili stammers out pressing his hand atop mine. "Don't worry bout me. J-just k-kill that son of a bitch."

"Okay okay he will be killed if not by me by someone else. I will see to it" I vow smiling through tears and stand up sword crushed in my hands. Azog just laughs and suddenly goblin mercenaries swarm along with orcs of all sizes. Anger and adrenaline flooded my veins as I hacked away at them. Nobody hurts my family and gets away with it.