Chapter 16 Ramparts

Bellas POV

Yes I admit to using the ring to sneak away from Adriana. Right now I need to be in that mountain saving my friends. I got back up the mountain with some troubles but not much and snuck past a fake sleeping Balin to return to Thorins side and snuggle up to him. He threw and arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer instantly. It was so peaceful and I wish it would last like this forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning arose and we all decided to eat breakfast in the ramparts overlooking the field below to keep watch on Dale. Bombur cooked up a big meal with his larger than life frying pan. Thorin had not joined us yet he was still reverently searching for his precious rock. Loud thumping and clashing if metal made me look over the field. It was flooded with elves and men with Bard, Thranduil, Adriana, Legolas, and Min it at the front. Adrianas eyes are red and she's wearing black armor with a spiked crown holding her long black hair back in a high ponytail. Minto and Legolas are outfitted in matching hold armor and are on the same horse. Bard doesn't have armor on surprisingly and is riding a brown horse next to Thranduil who is in silver armor and riding a huge elk.

"Oh no" I whisper.

"GET YOUR KING" Bard yells.

"Guys get your weapons and put on your armor quickly while I get Thorin" of rider the dwarves and turn to run and find Thorin but fun him right behind me. He's got golden and black armor on, he holding a bow and Orcist is on his waist Thorin pushes past me and shoots an arrow right in front of Thranduil. "Thorin!"

"The next one goes into your head" Thorin threatens. Thranduil only smirks and slightly tilts his yea causing all of his warriors to aim arrows at Thorin simultaneously. Thorin falters slightly but fixes a hard glare at Thranduil.

"We have come to renegotiate terms of a share of the treasure" Bard announces.

"I have already told you I will give you nothing!" Thorin growls.

"I think you will give us something in trade for this" Bard smirks and pulls the Arkenstone out if his pocket. My stomach drops and I swallow a lump in my throat. The dwarves instantly start protesting loudly and hurling insults to the people below. Adriana jerks her head around and a tear falls down her cheek. This is all to terrible.

"THIS IS TRICKERY THE ARKENSTONE IS IN THIS MOUNTAIN!" Thorin shouts and I know I must step in.

"N-no he's telling the truth...th-that's the Arkenstone. I know because I gave it to him" I admit shaking stepping forward. Thorin turns towards me eyes blazing with fury and I swallow hard staring him in his gold poisoned eyes. Thorin surges forward and in a second his hands are around my neck and my feet are off the ground. I cough and weakly flail my feet. My hands clutch at his arms and I dig my nails into his skin hoping for him to let go. Thorin hangs me over to the edge of the wall and holds me over it. Fili and Kili grabs at Thorin trying to get him this stop while Adriana, Minto, Tauriel, and Legolas scream from below.

"BELLA!"

Thorin shoves me further over the edge and black spots dance across my vision. I reach desperately to grab into anything when my hand closes around Bomburs frying pan. Using the last of my strength I hit Thorin over the head with the frying pan as hard as I can. Thorin s releases my neck and I fall to the ground. But I don't stop there no, I hit Thorin in the head again before collapsing and coughing for breath. Bofur rushes to my side and helps me to the rope. I throw it over the side and rush down it to the statue head. Adriana runs up and grabs onto me.

"Mom are you okay?" she cries. Legolas and Minto run up after her and I'm enveloped in a hug.

"GIVE US WHAT WE DESIRE THORIN OAKENSHIELD!" Thranduil yells.

"NEVER!"

"I WOULD RETHINK THAT YOU ARE OUTNUMBERED!" Bard points out.

"NEVER underestimate a dwarf" Thorin fires back and just then a dwarf army runs over a far hill.

"So how is everyone's day today?" the leader dwarf asks sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Come on Bella" Adriana grabs my hand and leads me to her horse. She mounts it and grabs my hand to help me up. Once on I rest my head in her shoulder breathing heavily. Legolas and Minto mount their horse and together we follow after Bard and Thranduil who ride to the side to greet the new army.

"Who are you?" Adriana demands.

"Dain Ironfoot and I just ask why don't you all just BUGGER OFF?" Dain yells.

"Adriana is this man like Thorin?" I ask my voice cracking.

"I always found Thorin the more reasonable of the two" Adriana whispers back.

"Shit."

"How about we talk more politely?" Adriana asks.

"How about I split your pretty skull open?" Dain snaps and I fill with rage.

"Have care how you speak Dain! Do you not remember me?" Adriana counters. "I am Adriana Blue SilverStar, Durin, Oakenshield, Greenleaf, daughter if Thorin Oakenshield, princess or Erebor, queen if the Woodland realm, heart of middle earth and the dragon slayer!" Dains jaw drops and Adriana grins smugly.

"Adriana?" Dain mumbles.

"Now can we talk politely?" Adriana inquires.

"I thought y-" suddenly a loud bang resonates through the air. I look up to see the orc army approaching. The ground shakes and suddenly huge earth eaters burst from the hills in the distance and disappear to reveal more orcs and huge trolls fitted for war.

"Battle formation!" Dain orders his soldiers and they run to the front of the elven army ready for defend Erebor. The first line if dwarves places their shields down while the second line adds their shields on top of that forming a wall. It's a clever tactic. I draw Sting and narrow my eyes.

"ELVES OF MIRKWOOD WORK WITH THE DWARVES!" Thranduil yells and his elves surge forward running up the dwarves backs and jumping over the wall of shields in complete sync. Minto looks at me and nods brandishing two daggers.

"Bella stay close to me you do not have armor your life is in danger" Adriana orders.

"I have a mithril shirt I'll be fine" I explain.

"Alright. Thranduil honey stay safe" Adriana says to Thranduil with all honesty in her voice.

"You too and Adriana I just want you to k-"

"Dont worry about me I'll live" Adriana cuts him off.

"I know but I didn't get to say anything to Secely so I just want you to know I love you. I love you roo Legolas" Thranduil declares and kisses Adriana. Then he rides his elk to the front swinging his sword wildly.

"So it begins" Legolas states.