Chapter 14 Bargain in the Night

Bellas POV

I patiently waited for everyone to fall asleep well except Balin who was keeping watch at the wall but its past him. I found an old rope in the treasury. Very quietly I walked to the gate and tied the rope to a metal loop and looked down. The metal loop was conveniently placed on the wall near where the dwarf king statue fell so I could climb down on. that and use it as a bridge to get across the small gap of water. Throwing the rope over the edge I double check to make sure the Arkenstone is secure and take a deep breath.

"Good luck lass. Be careful make sure you both come back" Balin whispers.

"T-thank you Balin" I mumble and start down the wall. It didn't take long and it wasn't very hard. Hobbits are exceptional climbers. Once I hit the statues head I climbed over it to solid ground.

"You're doing this for them and your child's future. You're doing the right thing" I tell myself then set off running towards the ruins of Dale. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adriannas POV

"Adrianna come quick!" Thranduil yells and I instantly put down my book and rush towards his voice.

"Thranduil is something wrong is somebody hurt?" I ask urgently.

"Mom!" Legolas exclaims and launches himself into my arms.

"Legolas my baby I'm so glad your okay! I missed you so much!" I squeal and kiss him all over his face. "Dont you ever to that to your poor mother ever again! I was so worried!"

"I won't I promise. But it needed to be done" Legolas says.

"I know I know greater good of all. Are you hungry? Tired? Hurt? Thirsty?" I pester.

"No no I an fine but Gandalf, Galadriel, and Minto need medical attention, food, and rest" Legolas responds and features to his battered companions.

"Oh my Aule I didn't notice you there. I am so sorry we will get you all aide right away" I assure.

"No need for me but the Lady Galadriel needs to be taken to Lothlorien. Do you have anyone that could escort her?" Gandalf asks.

"Yes yes. Caran!" I call. The brown haired elf walks forward and bows. "Oh no need Caran. I know you have a baby on the way so to keep you safe I'm assigning you to escort the Lady Galadriel back home" I whisper in his ear.

"Thank you my lady!" Caran beams and ushers the Lady away to get her on a horse and right on home.

"Okay now Gandalf my husband is in the big yellow tent I assume you wish to speak" I point the way and raise and eyebrow.

"Yes I do" Gandalf nods and walks off.

"Lastly you. What's your name?"

"Minto Grubb my lady" the red eyes hobbit replies and bows deeply.

"Oh none of that my lady nonsense. I must say I love your eyes. Now do you need food, rest, and medical attention?"

"Yes" Minto responds shyly and Legolas puts a hand on his shoulder.

"I will attend to him mom" Legolas volunteers.

"Okay you two I will check in later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We must lay siege to that mountain! The dwarf will not see reason!" Thranduil snaps.

"His mind has been poisoned. He cannot help it" I argue fervently.

"What about the dwarves with him are they poisoned too! Why aren't they doing anything" Thranduil counters.

"They are too loyal to him! Will you condemn them for that!" I retort. "What do you'd worse in that mountain anyway! Why are you weighing into this war?!?!"

"For a necklace."

"A necklace! You have got to be kidding me!"

"It was a necklace I designed for Sinnaly before she died. I designed it and gave the design to the dwarves. They made it but never gave it to me!" Thranduil blurts out.

"Sinnaly?" I mumble. She was Thranduils wife before I came along. She died in a battle near Gundabad.

"Yes Sinnaly."

"You want it back because it reminds you of her?"

"No because I want to give it to you" Thranduil sighs.

"Oh.....well I'm sure the dwarves aren't willing to die for it."

"That's where your wrong the dwarves will protect that hoard with their lives" Bella interjects appearing out if nowhere.