Chapter 12 Declaration

Bellas POV

The elves and men showed up a day later. Thranduil, Bard, and Adriana leading them. Adriana is dressed in black armor and a black spiked crown holding her long hair back. Her face is red and her eyes puffy. She's been crying. Thranduil has silver armor on and he seems solemn and serious. Hard is in his long brown jacket and his face is off pure rage. All of this I see through a telescope on top of the grand wall of Erebor.

"Oh no" I whisper.

"LADY BAGGINS WHERE IS YOUR KING?" Bard yells up.

"HE IS NOT MY KING. YOU FORGET BARD I AM A HOBBIT NOT A DWARF" I fire back trying to stall.

"NO MATTER WE MUST SPEAK TO HIM" Bard shouts.

"AND IF I SAY NO" I dare.

"YOU'D BEST NOT" Bard threatens.

"IS THAT A THREAT MASTER BARD?"

"IT IS WHATEVER YOU WISH IT. NOW GET YOUR KING!"

"I TAKE ORDERS FROM NO ONE!"

"DO YOU WISH FOR A WAR LADY BAGGINS?" Thranduil asks.

"YES I WANT TO SEE YOU ALL DIE! NO IDIOT I DO NOT!" I spit sarcastically.

JUST GET YOUR KING" Bard orders.

"WHAT'S THE MAGIC WORD?" I ask smirking.

"BELLA PLEASE WE ONLY WANT TO TALK" Adriana begs.

"BANG YES! NOW THAT WASN'T SO HARD WAS IT?" I say.

"BELLA!" Adriana, Bard, and Thranduil shout.

"OKAY OKAY YOU MAY SEE HIM. WAIT HERE!" I smile, set the telescope down and run to the treasury. Fili and Kili are still in there talking to him. "Hey guys. There's a human and elf army out there demanding to see you Thorin. You need to discuss alliances with them. We must gain their help and work with then against the common enemy of orcs and goblins. But eh they can wait so what's up?"

"Hello my love" Thorin greets. I'm happy to see the gold sickness haze is still lifted from his eyes.

"Not much auntie Bella" Fili answers.

"How's the leg Kili?" I ask.

"Great thanks" Kili replies.

"Good good now Thorin come on. They asked nicely so I promised you would speak to them" I urge.

"Alright" Thorin agrees and follows me to the balcony.

"OKAY I GOT HIM" I announce to the people below.

"KING THORIN WE HAVE COME TO DISCUSS ALLIANCES AND GET OUR PROMISED SHARE OF THE TREASURE" Bard explains. That's when I know this whole thing is going to shit. The gold haze returns to Thorins eyes and I gulp.

"ALRIGHT SOUNDS GOOD. I WILL COME DOWN TO SPEAK TO YOU SHORTLY. YOUR PROMISED TREASURE WILL GET TO YOU" I promise. "Thorin how about you go speak to your sistersons? Remember Fili and Kili remember how much you love them?"

"They want some of the treasure. It's mine!" Thorin hisses.

"Okay they can have my share. I will gladly part with it" I say trying to diffuse the rising situation.

"YOU WILL HAVE NO GOLD IT IS ALL MINE" Thorin bellows to the crowd below.

"NO YOU CAN HAVE MY SHARE! Thorin please we need their aid in the up an coming battle."

"YOU WILL HAVE NONE! THIS FEMALE HOBBITS HAS NO SAY" Thorin states.

"Thorin be smart about this" I hiss.

"YOU PROMISED US A SHARE. WE NEED IT TO BUY FOOD AND HEALING SUPPLIES. BESIDES THE DRAGON DESTROYED LAKETOWN YOU OWE US SOME" Bard argues.

"I WILL NOT AID IN THIEVES TRYING TO TAKE WHAT IS MINE" Thorin growls.

"DAD PLEASE JUST COME DOWN AND TALK TO US" Adriana pleads.

"I WILL NOT" Thorin says.

"SO THEN WILL YOU HAVE PEACE OR WAR?" Bard demands.

"I WILL HAVE WAR!" and that's seals the deal.

"Thorin! Are you daft?" I snap.

"Do not speak to me like that woman!"

"I will speak to you however I like Thorin Oakenshield!"

"You'd best watch your tongue" Thorin threatens stepping closer. That's when I snap. I slap Thorin across the face hard.

"I'm just about done with you dwarf! I am the carrier of your child, the holder of your heart, and I'm your dam fiance!" I growl and stomp off. A plan begins to form in my mind and I scowl at the possible outcome. But it needs to be done.