Chapter 46

Chapter 46:

-          Liam’s POV –

Day 60:

I told you at the start of this story that it had been sixty days since I’d first realised that I was attracted to my best friend. That’s sixty days of torture. Sixty days of lust, jealousy, possession, frustration, and desperation. I love him so damn much that it actually hurts.

Everything hurts.

Which is why I can’t last another second.

For sixty days I’ve been cherishing every touch that we’ve shared, every moment that his eyes have met mine, every dazzling smile that he’d send my way, all of it. Words cannot even describe how much I long for him to love me back. I’ve spent weeks trying to hide these feelings but it’s no use; I’m at my limit. I hate our ‘friendship’. I always will. Because being ‘friends’ is the last thing I want from Niall. I want his everything. I want his heart, I want his body, I want his love. Actually, I don’t want it. I crave it.

I need it.

It’s gotten to the point that I can’t even be without him for a day without snapping. And that’s what I’ve just done. I’ve snapped.

And now it’s all about to end.

My eyes locked with Niall’s as I heard him draw in a shaky breath. My heart’s now pounding out of my ears; slowly driving me to the edge. I took a step towards Niall.

Ba-thump

I took another step towards him, he stared back at me.

Ba-thump.

I took another step towards him, he took a step back.

Ba-thump.

I took another step towards him, he was now backed up against the wall.

Ba-thump.

I took a final step towards him.

Ba-thump.

I wrapped an arm around his waist and cupped his cheek with my other hand and held him close. And just like that I closed my eyes and forced my lips hard onto his.

I thought I’d never touch you again.

I felt him tense but I didn’t pull back. I slowly and softly moved my lips against his; taking in the warmth of his lips against mine, and the fact that he was alive and breathing. Eventually I summoned the courage to slowly pull back and look him in the eye. His were staring straight back into mine with an expression that I didn’t recognise. My heart throbbed inside my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into the crook of his neck and crushed him against me. I couldn’t face him.

“You’re okay...” I whispered; squeezing him tighter. I couldn’t help but hear the sound of Zayn choking in the background. I guess he must’ve spat out another drink or something.

“Come on, let’s leave them alone.” I heard Louis mumble; followed by the sound of scuffling footsteps. Moments later I heard the front door close and the house fell silent. I clung onto Niall for dear life.