Chapter 6

(The picture is of Dale Hawker. I Hope you like chapter 6)

Jaxon smiled as he taught the newbies how to kick the ball. Some had been here last year but had not gotten a position yet so they have started to train to become a kicker. Mark Rowe kicked the ball hard and confidently. It flew far but he could not control his kick at all. It flew off the field and keep going. Some of the Deltas gushed over at the stands while Jaxon rolled his eyes. What's the point of kicking far if you cannot keep the ball inside the field?

Mark is a proud Beta and liked to show off to the Deltas and challenge the other Betas. The other Betas growled at him and he smirked at them in return. Jaxon hit them over the head.

"No growling!" he hissed and pointed at the one human who looked on uncomfortably.

Hadrien Dufort was a tiny, pale-faced lad with brown eyes and dirty blond hair. He had traveled from the Margeride pack in France to England after his older brother Joshua had been chosen by one of the wolves of the Price pack. He had not been chosen but still stayed here in hope that one day he might be worthy of a wolf.

Hadrien knew about wolves but whenever he saw them use their powers it reminded him about what he had not. Several of the Betas decided to give Hadrien some attention but the lad himself did not seem happy about the attention.

Jaxon looked over at the one Delta in their team. Dale Hawker pouted as he focused on the ball. The green eyes did not let the ball go and his pale, freckled face was puckered as he tried to aim his kick. The red hair ruffled in the wind as he kicked with all his might... and the ball flew around two meters.

It went silent as Dale pouted at his failed kick before every Beta in the vicinity tried to encourage him to try again. Jaxon merely grimaced at their ridiculous behavior. Betas sure fancies to spoil Deltas. It was in their nature. Deltas were the weakest in the pack and are the healers, craftsmen, and caretakers of the wolf packs. Delta wolf spirit often chose females while Alphas often chose males. Deltas had strong pheromones that made other Alphas and Betas their guardians whether they liked it or not. Delta merely had to snap their fingers and Betas came running to help them. Dale was especially good at using his pheromones to get what he wants.

He wanted a male Alpha as a mate but few have been chosen by an Alpha wolf. Jaxon himself had few interests in Dale even if he was adorable. Not as much as Blake though. Fortunately, Alpha wolfs have some resistance to Delta's pheromones otherwise Jaxon had been an easy target. Though Dale still tried to flirt with him. Of course, he would never do that when his girlfriend Jessie was close. Jessie would bury him alive.

Dale turned to wave at Jaxon but Jaxon had already turned his gaze to something more of interest. Blake came limping with his friend Alex beside him. He looked pale, most likely from the pain, but seemed better. It had been a few days so the wound should at least not be as bad as it was.

Jaxon felt light on his feet as he walked over to Blake. He could only hope that he didn't skip.

"Where are you going, killer?"

Aeron had grabbed hold of him but let out a shout as Jaxon merely dragged him with him as he went to Blake. He didn't even notice or slow down until he was almost in front of the boy when he inhaled sharply. Jaxon grabbed hold of Aeron who twisted around with a grimace. They both froze in an uncomfortable position as Blake turned towards them.

"Hiya!" Jaxon let out a strange sound and tried to smile at Blake who stared at the two with a frown.

"Smooth!" Aeron hissed. Jaxon inhaled the horrible scent again and almost grimaced. FUCKING WOLFBANE!!!

He looked around to see Leon sitting on the stands with a cocky smile. Jaxon growled at him even if Leon hardly could hear him. Damn witch. He turned towards Blake who looked both confused and hurt. He had clearly noticed Jaxon keeping his distance.