Chapter 20

(Picture of Jessie MacCuill, Jaxon's girlfriend. I hope you like chapter 20!)

Jaxon ran over to the building for the Art Guild. Several students, witches according to their scent, spared him a few suspicious glances but he ignored them all. The sun had set, and he wanted to make sure Blake got home safely. Nightmane was almost skipping in his mind at the thought of Blake's cute, innocent eyes. This was really getting out of hand. At least that was what Jaxon thought until he saw Blake lean against a wall turning the pages on a strange black book with a symbol of a creature who looked like a human, lion, bird, fish, and dragon.

Jaxon could feel his heartbeat faster as he stalked closer and leaned over Blake's shoulder. The smell was intoxicating, and he almost let out a gratified growl when it hit his nostrils.

"What are y-" Jaxon choked on his own words when he saw the content of the book. Looking back at him was a naked man in a compromising position and a seductive smirk on his lips.

"Oh, I was reading about spells. Thought that they might be of help."

Blake gave Jaxon a shy smile. Jaxon had to hold back the impulse to lick him all over. Something that Jaxon praised himself for because Blake did not make it easy.

"Spells, aye? What do you hope they will help with?"

Blake looked up at him in confusion then looked down at his book before he uncontrollably blushed. "I keep forgetting, it's a grimoire from Ahriman. He put a spell on it to keep the content of the grimoire secret. Only those who had made a contract with him can see it. Everyone else keeps seeing some vulgar picture of men."

Jaxon cocked an eyebrow. "I don't mind."

Blake gave him a strange look. "Leon said the same thing a while ago when I showed him the grimoire in hope of him explaining some of the spells."

Jaxon growled at that. The bloody witch keeps flirting shamelessly with Blake. Jaxon mentally hit himself. He was the one that shamelessly flirts with Blake. He had a girlfriend. Leon did not. At least, he didn't think so. Jaxon frowned and made a mental note to look that up. Leon is not getting near Blake if he had a girlfriend. Or if he didn't... Damnit!

Jaxon shook his head to clear his mind of confusing thoughts before looking down at Blake who had a strange look on his face. Well, this is going great. Blake must think Jaxon is a lunatic. "Either way, who is Ahriman?"

"Oh, Prince's name is Ahriman!"

"I thought his name was Prince."

"Nope, apparently he lied about that. His name is Ahriman."

Jaxon couldn't say he was surprised. This... Ahriman looked like someone who would lie. "Anything else I have missed?"

"Apparently, Ahriman is considered to be the evil twin brother of God. I might be soulless and also be something called an Anima. I also either don't have an element or has the potential for all of them. I apparently also have a knack for the Dark Arts and will be learning it next semester. "

Jaxon stared at Blake who had gone back to turning the pages in his pornographic grimoire. Apparently, he missed a lot but it was the last one that caught his attention."No, you won't!"

"No, I won't do what?" Blake mumbled without looking at him.

"Learn dark magic! That stuff is evil!"

Blake looked up at him with a cocked eyebrow. "I figured. Kind of shows in the name."

"Then you're not learning it!"

"I have already used it and my guardian may be the god of all evil. If I don't know about the Dark Arts then I can't protect myself from it."

"Just avoid it! It isn't complicated."