Chapter 10 - The Kiss

SAME DAY - (Mon, 28 November 2022)

Dante's POV

"I was afraid too because then I would have to admit that I was madly in love with you, I don't know whether it started the night we met but I do know that night we met, I felt the connection but fought against it, I fought against my love for you but I will not be afraid anymore, I can't live in the past anymore. I am so sorry for everything I did to you... I truly am sorry. I love you Dante" she said looking me right in the eye.

I just stared back without blinking, without trying to control the rapid beating of my heart, fuck I'm not even sure that I'm breathing right now. I'm just trying to take in what she had just said and for the life of me, I couldn't register it. She looked at me expectantly and all I could do was gawk at her, like she spoke another language and for a split second I swear I saw worry in her eyes, until she masked it and looked thoughtful for a second and then she smiled at me and again, I just stared at her.

"By the way you're just standing there staring at me like you don't understand a word that just came out of my mouth, I can tell that you do not believe me and that's okay. After everything I have done to you, all the games, the mistreat and the hurtful things I've said to you, it's understandable that you wouldn't believe a word that comes out of my mouth. I get it, after 5 years of your pursuing me and everytime I shut you down, sometimes brutally, which I am not proud of but I swear I'm not playing any games and I promise that I'll prove myself to you, no matter how long it takes, it's my turn to win you" she says the last part as she moves closer to me, until she was only inches away from me and I took a sharp intake of breath, this is fucking crazy!

"I won't give up, I will prove my love for you Dante, even if it takes me until the day I die because you're worth it" she says and then leans forward and pecks my lips softly, I immediately felt the spark when her soft lips touched mine and when she full on kissed me, I couldn't hold back.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me and kissed her back, with need and hunger, wrapping my free hand in her hair at the back of her neck, pulling her even closer and she moaned as I shove my tongue in her mouth, deepening the kiss, groaning when I tasted her mouth. I knew this was a bad move on my part and it's exactly what Steph WARNED me not to do, if I didn't want to end up getting my heart ripped apart but fuck if I cared at this moment because here she was, confessing her love for me and kissing me.

Like hell am I going to just walk away and refuse the love of my life, yes it might be stupid and risky as hell for my fucking heart but she is well worth the heartache, I MIGHT have! IF she's playing games but fuck if I'll let this chance slip through my fingers. But I will let her prove her love and loyalty before claiming her, before I give her EVERYTHING, even though she already has it, but she doesn't need to know this, until I see fit!

"You drive me crazy..." I whispered breathlessly as soon as we pulled apart, gasping for air, still holding onto her, leaning my forehead against hers. "What am I going to do with you?" I whispered, pecking her lips softly. My mind is clouded, I felt like I was floating.

"Love me... Let me love you" she whispered back, causing me to pull away from her so I could look at her because I had not expected an answer, since it was a rhetorical question or I should say voicing my thoughts out loud, not expecting an answer from her but that didn't stop me from smiling and answering her back.

"I've always loved you, I've never stopped" I said and she smiled, like I had just made her dreams come true or some shit like that. But I knew I had to hold it off, no matter how much I didn't want to, I just can't risk it now. "But now isn't the right time Aurora, as much as it pains me to say this, I can't do this now" I said and her face fell and she lowered her head.