One

He sat next to me with tears falling down his cheeks. His eyes were as shallow as the ones of the man beside him and they shared the pain of the situation we were in. They held on to each other as they cried, and it broke my heart to see them in such pain. I held back the tears that were building, but these tears were for them. The two who sat next to me in this crowded room that felt nothing but empty. Not for the woman who laid in the coffin in front of me.

My tears were for my brothers. The grown men that sat beside me comforting each other who were destroyed by the loss of their mother.

Our mother.

Their mother.

It had been ten years since I was in the same room as them. But I was right, they were handsome young men; I knew they would be. It was a shame that it came to her death that I was allowed to see them again. That I was allowed to be in the same room as them. I missed them. I missed them every day.

Every day for ten years.

I was 17 when I was forced to leave.

Forced to leave my precious little brothers to be alone with my mother.

The horrible woman that she was.

But you aren't supposed to wish ill of the dead.

And she was dead.

I had to keep my thoughts to myself.

The ceremony was almost over, and when the reverend was bringing everything to an end, all I could tell myself is that it was almost over.

This horrible situation was almost over.

The looks from everyone would stop soon.

The sneer on my brother's face would be out of sight.

Once this was over, I could leave and go back to my life.

The worst part about that, I didn't want to. I wanted to rekindle my relationship with my brothers. I wanted to throw my arms around them and hug them tightly to tell them why I wasn't there.

But they would never believe me.

Namjoon didn't speak to me at all, and Taehyung only smiled at me out of politeness when he saw that I came. The only person who spoke to me was our cousin, Jin; and that was because he was better mannered that my hot-headed brothers.

The last guest left, and I was about to walk out of the building turning my back reluctantly once again to the family I missed dearly, when a voice made me stop.

"You're leaving already?"

"They don't want me here." I said turning around and looking at Jin. "I don't want to leave but I have to."

"Well you can't leave yet."

"Why?"

"There is a reading of the will in about a half an hour or so."

I scoffed out a laugh. "I don't need to be here for the reading of the will. I won't be in it."

"I have a list from the lawyer, of all the names that are in the will, and yours is in it." he said in a soft voice making my eyes go wide. "Please don't go yet."

I nodded my head and walked with him back into the open room where Namjoon was holding on to a crying Taehyung. There were two other men walking out of the room, but I didn't see their face. When we got close enough, I stopped and sat down at one of the seats.

My intention was to just sit through the reading of the will and then be out of their hair...but Namjoon thought that that would have been way to easy.