Thirteen

As I laid on my bed thinking of whether or not I cared if it was the 'real Jungkook,' I heard a knock on my door and watched it crack open. 

"Can I come in?" 

Instead of responding I pulled down the covers and patted the spot next to me with a smile. He smiled in return closing the door behind him as he stepped in. He climbed into bed and immediately wrapped his arms around me pulling into him. 

"This is new." he laughed. 

"You've slept in my bed before." I countered. 

"Not since then. You always make me leave." he pouted again. He nuzzled his nose into the crook between mine and my cheek and his fingers traced circles on my skin. "Why?" he asked after a few moments. 

"Why what?" 

"Why did you always make me leave?"

I took my time to answer. I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but I also wanted to be honest. "I guess because I always felt as if overnight stays are usually what couples do." I paused but he didn't say anything, so I continued. "We aren't a couple." 

"We could be." He whispered. 

I was expecting that response. "You really like me that much?" 

He pulled his face from mine and looked into my eyes, his hands on my cheek and his thumb strumming my skin. "I like you a lot." 

"You've known me for a month Jungkook." 

"I didn't say that I was in love with you." he chuckled. "But I obviously like you." 

I didn't say anything. I knew that I had something inside for him. Obviously. I wasn't sure what it was though because there is so much, I don't know about him. I sighed deeply tightening my hold on him. "I like you too." 

"But..." he mumbled. 

"But I think it would be too soon to consider us a couple right now...there is still a lot we have to learn about one another." 

"You heard us when we got home today didn't you?" 

"Yeah." 

His hand started to move again up and down my back, keeping me calm in his arms. I liked this Jungkook, the blunt and honest Jungkook. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

"There's no need." 

"No?" he asked pulling back to look at me. "Why not?" 

"Because." I shrugged. "You don't owe me any explanations." 

"Noona..." he sighed sitting up and leaning against the bed frame. He pulled me up and I sat across from him. "Please...talk to me." he said taking my hand. 

I sighed. "Well I won't lie that it got me thinking." 

"What are you thinking?"

"You do act different around certain people. I noticed that you're not nearly as mouthy around Namjoon or Jin. But around the others you talk a little more...freely. You are more gentlemanly when I'm around, and affectionate. I can't help but think about what Jimin was saying." 

"What part?"

"If you're just going to fall back into your old habits." 

He tried to hide his smile by biting his lip, but I saw it anyway. "You mean hooking up with party girls." 

I giggled and looked down. "Yeah that." 

I felt his soft touch on my chin and he lifted my head up to meet his eyes. They were warm and welcoming, and there was something behind them I wasn't sure about. I couldn't quite read it.