Two

The room was silent and Namjoon and I were both breathing heavily staring at one another. I was so angry that I really wasn't sorry about slapping him. Despite the thoughts he had about me, he didn't need to treat another person so poorly. Then I started to think about it...he lost his mom.

He is emotional.

And sad.

My facial expression softened and I saw his eye turn confused.

I let out a sigh and a tear fell from my eye. "I'm sorry." I said softly. I turned around and walked back to my seat sitting down. I stared off into nothingness and drowned out any noise around me.

Not that I had to.

Namjoon went to sit next to Taehyung who was watching him with wide eyes.

No other words were said between the four of us for what felt like hours. But it was only 5 minutes later when a lawyer came into the room with a recorder, a brief case, and a few files in his arms.

"Are we ready?" He asked.

Jin answered for everyone and we gathered a bit closer to the desk he sat behind as he set up a tape player.

I heard Tae let out a small chuckle. "Just like her to use a tape recorder instead of a computer."

Namjooon smiled at him and nodded taking hold of his hand.

I felt completely out of the family joke, a part of me bitter that I couldn't share in it.

I sat back and Jin gave me a sad look and after a few moments, the lawyer spoke.

"I have been instructed to first play the recording, and once its over to go over the terms of the will. If you don't mind I'd like to start. The tape is rather long and the terms of the will can get complicated. I'd like to leave plenty of time for questions."

We all nodded and he turned to play the tape. A weak, beautiful voice came out, and my heart stung.

"Hello my loves. I know you are probably all very confused...I'm sure you've talked to each other before now, and there are a few things I need to say, and quite a few things I need to explain.

The first thing that needs to be addressed, is what I assume to be the elephant in the room. Y/N, my beautiful girl, I owe you an apology so big that words cannot give it justice."

My heart stopped...what did she just say?

"The wrong doing I had poured on you over the years has been without a doubt wrong, and unmotherly. The last few months have made that quite clear to me. Watching my boys suffer, knowing that they were losing me, and you were so far from their hearts. I did that. I did that to you all, and I am so sorry. It is my second biggest regret to have kicked you out of the house like that.

To kick you out of your family, on your own, when you needed your mother most was not only cruel, it was inhumane. I should have embraced you, told you it was going to be okay, and been there for you through it all.

I was scared my girl...I was scared that I couldn't help you...and I was selfish. My biggest regret however...is when I didn't come to the hospital, when you lost my grandchild."

At that I lost my cool. I had never told anybody that. Namjoon didn't know, Taehyung didn't know, not even Jin knew; and he was the only family member I had frequent contact with. I started to sob... I didn't want anyone to know about that... I didn't want pity. I didn't want to seem week in front of the two men I had tried to be strong for. I didn't want any of this.