Twentynine

After my talk with Taehyung I felt so much better. In fact, I felt stupid for being so emotional about this. Jungkook only brought a date because he was pissed at me and he knew it. I knew it. Tae even knew it. I followed Taehyung back down the stairs, walking tall in my heals. I looked down and saw Yoongi pull Taehyung into a tight hug looking over to me. 

"You okay?" he asked. 

"Oh, Yoongi." I smiled. "I will be just...fine." 

"Should I be worried for Kookie?" I heard him mumble to Tae. I watched Tae smirk and nod his head making Yoongi laugh. "Well, go kick his ass." 

I laughed and turned the corner. First person I saw was Angelica. Jaebum had his arm around her, his palm flat against her lower back and I couldn't help but smirk. How did I know they would find each other? 

I continued to look around the crowd of people and it didn't take long to find him sitting at the table talking with Yugeom. The blonde girl was sitting next to him looking bored. I almost felt bad for what I was about to do. 

Yugeom saw me first, his eyes going wide as I confidently walked up to them. Each stride gave me another boost of confidence as all the eyes started to turn towards me. Jungkook finally noticed that his cousins' eyes were focused behind him causing him to turn around. His eyes went wide again and I watched with a smirk as he eyed me from my chest to my toes. 

"Yugeom, I'm going to borrow him." I said pointing and Jungkook. I looked over to the blonde girl who was biting her lip as she also eyed me. Jungkook was stunned in his chair so I took hold of his ear and pulled him up. "Let's go." I said and pulled him toward the study that was on the main level. I pulled him along with me, him groaning in pain as we went.

"NOONA!" he shouted. 

I yanked him further until we got by the study and I let go and pushed him in to the room. I slammed the door and locked it before I turned back to him. 

He was rubbing his ear with a pained expression. "I'm really starting to hate this room." he grumbled. 

"What the hell Kook?" I asked him my hands on my hips. 

"What?" 

"You brought a date? Am I nothing to you?" 

"I'm single, aren't I?" he asked in a very low calm voice. 

"That isn't fair." I said in an even softer voice. 

"How isn't that fair...to you?" he asked. "I waited until graduation. I bring you my transcripts to show you that I was going to graduate, and you still hesitated. All because of none other than Jaebum!" he scoffed. 

"That wasn't the reason, I was just trying to stall." 

"Stall?" he asked now leaning against the desk. 

"Yes, stall." I said crossing my arms and shifting my wait to one leg. 

I watched his eyes linger on me before he shook his head and refocused on me. "What did you need to stall for?" 

"Because I had a surprise and you had to go and fucking ruin it." 

"I'm not a mind reader, Noona. What would a surprise have to do with labeling our relationship?" 

I sighed deeply and walked over to the desk. He stayed in place but watched as I pulled out the drawer from the side and pulled out the gift that I had wrapped for him. I handed it to him and he just looked at it. "Take it." I said pushing it to him more. 

He uncrossed his arms and took it from me eyeing it before raising an eye brow to me. "You bought me a graduation gift?" 

"Of course, I did." I said leaning against the wall that was only a foot from him. I crossed one ankle over the other. "Open it." I encouraged.