Twentyfive

I was on my computer finishing up another draft of a new book when I heard a knock at my door. I closed my laptop and shouted for whoever it was to come in. I turned and saw Taehyung walk in with a smile. 

"Hey Noona." 

"Hey baby brother." I smiled getting up and walking to him. I wrapped him up in a big hug and he held me tightly. "What's up?" 

I pulled back and we laid on my bed and he looked worried. "I just wanted to talk to you a little." 

"What about?" I asked propping my head up. 

"You." he smiled. 

I laughed. "What about me?" 

"Well Namjoon told me about the conversation you had with Kookie a few weeks ago. About how you don't have a label on things and what not. But I wanted to make sure that you were okay."

"Why wouldn't I be?" 

He smiled and looked down before he looked at me again and swallowed. "I just know Kookie. And I won't lie that I was surprised that he quite sleeping around after his birthday. But you...you're my Noona and I just got you back. I don't want to lose you again." 

"Why would you lose me?" 

"Kookie is kind of...well I just...he has never been this man before. I have never known him to like someone so much...like a lot...a lot a lot." 

"How do you know that?" 

"You promise you wont say?" he said biting his lip. 

"I cross my heart." I said as I moved to make the motion as I spoke. 

"He told me a few days ago that he has never felt this way before. He said he wasn't sure if it was because you were my sister, or that you remind him of mom...or what..." 

"Wait?" I said holding my hand up. "I remind him of your mother?" 

"Our mother." he said. 

"Okay...but isn't that weird." 

Tae laughed. "No." 

"How?" 

"Because you don't look like her. You just have a caring attitude towards him. Not even his mom has that. He doesn't get along with his older brother, and his dad has basically disowned him. You remind him of mom because you have treated him as a family member. You welcomed him, you didn't even protest when you first found out he was basically living here." 

I nodded. "Still though...mom?" 

He laughed again. "Not like a mom...just her kindness." his eyes went a little softer and he smiled a sad mile. "Maybe it has to do with how she treated you. His parents don't treat him the way mom treated him. He might connect with you that way also." 

"I know how that feels." I said nodding. "But I wish I knew her kindness." I said as I held onto his hand. "I wish my memories of here weren't so tainted and toxic."  

His smile fell a little. "I do too...sometimes it's hard to wrap my head around what she did to you. I'm so sorry..." 

"Hey...just stop. Don't let my bad memories alter your good ones. The past is in the past." 

"I know but you're so much like her. I just...it makes me think; is that evil somewhere inside of you...inside of me?" 

"No there isn't...in you anyway." I smiled. "I can be really evil if I want to. For example, I made jungkook shower on his own every night this week."