Chapter IX - Something's off

Here you go. Hope you like this new chapter.

Happy reading <3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Forth's POV

„KIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, MIIIIIIIIIIIING! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!"

I know exactly where these two bunnies are, and I also have a pretty good idea of what's going on between them.

Park and Lam grin at Ming, as he comes out from under the grandstands with Kit. Kit's face is slightly reddened, and Ming discreetly tries to adjust the position of his pants to make it more comfortably. My guess was completely correct. I also grin.

"Kit, where have you been?" Whines Beam. "And why is your face so red? Aren't you feeling well? Do you have a fever?" He raises his hand to feel Kit's forehead. Uh, is Beam trying to embarrass Kit even more or is he really so oblivious? It's not only me who stares at Beam stunned. But he seems really worried about the condition of his best friend. With red cheeks and still a little out of breath from the back and forth and many litters that Park and Lam have demanded from him, he stands in front of Kit and watches him with concern. "Are you sure you are okay?"

Okaaaaaaaaaay, this guy is actually completely unaware of his surroundings, and on top totally innocent. Somehow, I like this idea of an innocent math student ... kind of cute ...

Hawking rips me out of my thoughts. "Ahem, so Forth, how's the whole thing going to happen?"

"Huh?"

"We've seen that Beam is able to sink the ball in the basket from any point. But how should that help us with our problem? I mean, we can hardly get Beam on the field each time to make the baskets for us, right?" Lam has a point.

"Would it be okay if you briefly demonstrate your problem to me?" Beam wants to know.

"What for? So you can make fun of us?" Park answers aggressively.

"Woah, Park, calm down idiot. Nobody wants to piss you off and I can't imagine that Beam is someone who wants to make fun of someone else." Lam pats on Park's shoulder comforting him but glares warningly at Beam at the same time.

"S-Sorry, I did not mean to offend you, P-Park. I just wanted to get an accurate p-picture of your problem, just as you could get an accurate picture of my abilities." Beam is stuttering.

I nod in agreement and throw the ball to the now squinted-looking Park. "Let's start!" I instruct him. Ming, Lam and I follow Park onto the basketball court. All around and from different positions, we try to score. The whole thing turns into a little man-against-man match.

...

...

...

After 15 unsuccessful minutes in which neither of us had a chance or better war near the possibility to score, we return to Beam and Kit, who have watched us from the sideline. I notice that Beam took notes. I grin. What an exemplary student he is.

"And? Is the problem clear now?" Park questions angrily, Beam seems to be scared if I interpret the wide-open eyes and the step backward correctly.

"Park, it's enough!" I command him, before turning to Beam and stroking his arm reassuringly. "So, any ideas?"

"Hmm, I'm not 100% sure yet ... I just need some time to think, okay?"

"Okay. Let me know when you're ready." I give Beam my cell phone, so that he can type in his number, then call at him, so he has my number too. Actually I would have expected that he would throw a tantrum when I asked him for his cell phone number, but apparently he is so busy with his own thoughts, he chews on his lower lip and as I noticed earlier, this is a sign that he thinks, he does not really know what's going on around him. Kit and a, mentally absent, Beam say goodbye a few minutes later and move towards the student dormitories.