Chapter XVIII - Official

I am so grateful for all my readers.

Thank you for over 7k views and all your votes and comments. I love to read your comments and I think my surroundings think that I'm kind of a madman because I always grin while reading them. Please continue commenting, you make my day more beautiful.

Okay, enough with the fustian words ;)

Happy reading <3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

3rd Person's POV

"So, what do you think? How should we handle this situation?" Kit asks into the round.

Kit, Ming, Forth, and Beam sit in the shared kitchen of Kit's and Beam's dorm to discuss how they want to proceed.

Forth, who has wrapped his arm around Beam, is the first to speak. "Honestly, I have no idea how to deal with the situation. I never thought Phana was actually responsible for our problem."

Beam frowned. "Does that mean you weren't convinced of our theory from the beginning?"

"Ahem, I...ahm..." Forth doesn't know how to answer the question, after all, he has no desire to meet Green-Beam. "No, your theory was logical through and through, but I wish you were wrong and Phana might not be such a son of a bitch after all." Forth looks apologetically at Beam who nods and then turns again to Ming and Kit, who watched the two amused.

"Anyway, we have to tell Max and Tul about it. Maybe there's a way that Tul can reverse the effect of hypnosis. I've already researched it today and it seems to be within the realms of possibility."

"So that's why today you didn't want to spend the rest of the day with me and go back to your dorm? Because of some research?"

Beam looks irritated at Forth. "Uh, yeah. After all, we still haven't solved your problem. So that has absolute priority."

Forth snorts. He had hoped for a relaxed day with his boyfriend, wanted to get to know him better, cuddle with him, maybe a little bit more, so just spend time with him. Stupid him, that he has forgotten that his boyfriend is driven by logic and acts absolutely rationally. And since the problem hasn't been solved yet, Forth is left behind.

Kit nudges Beam under the table and moves his head towards Forth. Beam, who doesn't understand at first, looks at Forth and has to grin at the sight - a sulking Forth. This picture doesn't fit the image of the strong pack leader.

Beam leans towards Forth and whispers into his ear. "I promise you will be my absolute priority once this whole thing is over." Then he kisses him briefly on the cheek and then focuses again on the current topic. "So, as I said, there's probably a way to cancel the effect of hypnosis or at least re-program the four of you so you can remember. Nevertheless, we should continue with the special training in case the reverse hypnosis doesn't work."

Kit and Ming nod. "Still, I think Phana shouldn't get away with it." Ming struggles a lot with the s the whole situation. If the team had failed due to a lack of skill or luck, he could have understood, but because of certain someone...he can't handle it.

Kit, who noticed Ming's inner turmoil, strokes his back in a soothing way. "Don't worry, Ming. Phana will be punished for his actions."

"But how? We still have no concrete evidence, even if he more or less confessed it to Beam."

"Hm, maybe we should take a different approach." Suggests Beam.

"And how?"

"Phana must have done some research on that subject, right? I find it hard to imagine that he hypnotized someone without first looking into it more closely. He will most likely have read about it in medical books. The World Wide Web isn't the best source especially when it comes to hypnosis technique, which is why he will either have resorted to books or must have talked to an expert."