Chapter XXII - Flashback

For all my lovely readers who waited patiently and still stick with this story. Thank you for your support 😘

Happy reading <3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Forth's POV

Although I'm standing in the middle of the exuberant partying crowd of friends and fans, I still can't believe we actually won the university championships. Just three months ago none of us dared to hope and then the events just turned up and we won the final. The road was more than hard, full of setbacks, disappointment and frustration, but the efforts we made to celebrate here today have paid off.

Of course this wouldn't have been possible without help and automatically my eyes are looking for that one special person who not only turned my world upside down but was also instrumental in my team celebrating this almost unimaginable victory today.
After a short search I see his dark head of hair. Animated he talks to his best friend Kit and his "big" brother Tul. All three don't really fit into the world of basketball and yet...my mood deteriorates noticeably when I think that they won't be part of our training team next season.

As if he had felt my glances, Beam raises his head and our eyes meet. His lips turn to a radiant smile before winking at me, raising his glass and proselytizing, but then turning back to Kit and Tul. I regret that I was persuaded by my teammates to be part of the victory party when I just want to spend time with my boyfriend.
Thanks to the excessive training, Beam's term paper, hearings and various exams we have not had too many opportunities to spend time together lately, let alone intensify our relationship, if you know what I mean.
Until now, our drug-influenced first night and the kissing action on his bed were the only two situations in which we could exchange more intense tenderness. And of course I would never push him to anything, but I miss the feeling of holding him in my arms, I miss his lips on mine, I miss his incomparable erotic moans when he is aroused and which I have not yet been able to enjoy extensively enough. In short, I miss my boyfriend and wish for nothing more than to finally spend more time with my pup again.

"But you do know that this celebration is a celebration of joy and not a funeral?" Ming whispers in my ear.

"You have an intact love life in contrast to me!" I whisper back and a radiant smile goes over Ming's face as I remind him of his relationship status. At the same moment I curse myself and my remarks, because now I'm guaranteed to get to know every detail about what Kit did, how sweet Kit is, why Kit said this or that and so on and so forth. Great, really great...
So before Ming can even open his mouth to start with his monologue, I'm going to rush towards our coach Max, who just showed up at the bar where we're celebrating.

"Maaaaaaaaax, old man, how you doing?"

Max looks at me irritated at first, but when his gaze stops at Ming standing behind me, a knowing smile scurries over his face.
Yes, by now everyone knows that as soon as you even begin to mention the name Kit or the word relationship, you will be confronted with a Ming, a lovesick idiot who is extremely eager to provide information and tell stories. I think Earth, one of my teammates, had to endure Ming's lovestruck chatter for two hours straight because he stupidly sat next to him on the bus. He hasn't been the same since...

"How did the conversation with the committee go?" I ask Max now.

"Everything is fine. After a thorough analysis of the video recordings, the game showed no conspicuous features. Except for the referee's decision in the foul against you in the first quarter, all other decisions were correct and all players followed the rules."

"So the victory is 100% certain and we can't be disqualified afterwards?"

"Yup. You've been officially proclaimed the winning team of the university championships."