Chapter XIII - Special Training

I hope you had a great weekend. Here, we are still celebrating Easter, which means that today I have a day off and since Friday finally the opportunity to use my laptop, otherwise I was busy all the time with family, food, family and more food. Reading Wattpad Stories was possible, but there was no chance to write anything. So here is a longer chapter for you.

Happy reading <3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

3rd Person's POV

As agreed, Beam, Kit, and Tul arrive at the basketball court the next afternoon to explain their theory to coach Max.
Both Beam and Tul were occupied with research last night, albeit on very different topics. One topic definitely had something to do with hypnosis, the other research was more about butterflies...

"Kit?"

"Hm?"

"Those butterflies you talked about yesterday ..."

Kit almost can't hide his grin. "Yeah, what about the butterflies, Beam?"

"Well, I did some research. And did you know that the feeling of butterflies in the stomach is merely the result of a cleverly mixed hormone cocktail. The intimate love between two people can be considered as an evolutionary useful illusion to ensure procreation. So if you have butterflies in your stomach because of Ming, then with the invention of romantic love, nature has just reached deep into the bag of tricks to ensure the survival of the human species."

Kit's face expresses pure horror. He can't believe what he just heard. Is his best friend really that stupid or is he just oblivious of what happened between Forth and him?

"Uh, Beam, I was not talking about me and Ming yesterday!"

"Not? But why did you come up with this phenomenon then?"

Okay, Beam seems to have no idea at all. Before Kit can continue dealing with the cluelessness of his best friend, the four basketball players and their coach Max arrive.

"Hello everybody. Great that you are already here. Max, these are Beam, Kit, and Tul. They'll help us with our problem and did also come up with a theory which could explain why we have to deal with this issue." Forth gets immediately to the point of today's meeting.

Max looks at the three figures in front of him a bit confused because he is not quite clear what to expect now. "Okaaaay ... then go ahead."

...

While Beam and Tul, along with Forth, Park and Lam explain their theory and answer Max's questions, Kit Ming pulls aside.

"The action 'Playing Cupid' is more complicated than expected. Hints alone are not enough with someone like Beam, I guess we have to roll out the heavy artillery."

"Why? What happened?"

Kit explains in a few words what happened several minutes earlier.
Ming then burst into laughter. "Oh god, there's a lot of work ahead of us. How can anyone be so smart, but at the same time so dense?"

...

Forth's POV

Max has taken the whole thing better than I thought. He even asked further questions about hypnosis, which were mainly answered by Tul. No wonder, he is the specialist here.
After all questions have been clarified, we all now jointly discuss how our training will look in the future.

"You have no problems with the rest of the game, so the focus of your extra training is above all on recalling the moves that are involved with aiming and throwing on the basketball hoop or bringing them back in again to anchor them in your memory." Beam summarizes briefly the task ahead of us.
Oh, my pup is pretty sexy when he's so serious. Could also be because I can see his chocolate brown eyes with long black eyelashes without the disturbing lenses for the first time....