Chapter XI - Suspicion II

Thank you so much again for your wishes, the interview went quite well and today I have a telephone interview with the CFO. To calm my nerves, I'm writing the second part of the chapter "Suspicion".

Happy reading <3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

3rd Person's POV

Beam and Kit meet as agreed with Tul in his office. Tul is a doctoral student at the university and is writing his thesis. His area of specialization is psychology and especially the field of hypnosis is his favorite.
Kit and Tul have known each other for forever. Their families are friends and the two boys have spent a lot of time together, despite the age difference. Kit calls Tul his big brother he never had.

(A/N: See DanicaRedfern I found a Tul for my Max 😉)

"So Kit, Beam, how come I'm allowed to enjoy the pleasure of our meeting? Tul asks curiously. "It does not happen every day that you have questions about hypnosis."

"Um, so Beam has to investigate some kind of thing..."

"What kind of thing?"

Kit nudges Beam so that he can explain Tul why they are here.

Beam nods. "Okay, we have a very special problem here ...

...

...

...

"...and after watching the videos, I noticed an opposing player who pats the four guys on the back at each game, always at the same spot on the shoulder and always after the half-time break. At first glance, you would think he gave them an encouraging pat on the back, but then I noticed that spiteful grin and I'm pretty sure he has something to do with our problem." Beam finishes his explanation.

Tul knots his eyebrows. "And how do you come up with the idea that this has anything to do with the field of hypnosis?"

"This patting of the back seems to me like a trigger and this is used in hypnosis, isn't it?"

"That's right, hm ... Can you show me the videos?"

"Sure." Beam pulls his laptop out of his backpack, connects the external hard drive and shows Tul the corresponding moment in various videos.

"Show me again the moment in the video of the final game." Beam plays the video again. "And now another video, no matter which." This request is also fulfilled by Beam immediately.

Tul taps his lips with his index finger as he deliberates. "You mentioned that before the final game they were always patted on the back by this guy, but then nothing unusual happened, right?"

"Correct and honestly, I have not figured out why everything changed after the pat at the final match."

"He whispered something to them!"

"Huh?"

"When he patted them on the shoulder after the half-time break, he whispered something to them at the same time. Based on the movement of the lips, it could only have been a very short word."

Beam and Kit look at Tul in disbelief, then watch the video again and after close observation, they also realize the difference between the video of the final match and the videos of the other games. In fact, the opposing player quietly speaks to each of the four players while patting them on the back. And what does that mean now?

Tul's POV

I was, to put it mildly, quite surprised when my little "brother" Kit called me this afternoon. And when he even flooded that his best friend and the well-known math genius Beam needs my expert opinion on hypnosis, the surprise changed to unbridled curiosity.