Chapter X - Suspicion I

Right now, I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight to the capital because I have a job interview tmr. I'm so fucking nervous. Please wish me luuuuuuuuck!

Happy reading <3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

3rd Person's POV

Beam and Kit, heavily loaded with their backpacks and math doorstoppers, are looking around the cafeteria of the engineering faculty. Kit, after five minutes of futile looking around, has enough, addresses one of the students rushing by. "Excuse me, do you know where to find Forth Jaturapoom Jamornhum?"

The student points to a table in the far corner of the faculty, where four figures have taken their seats.

"Thank you." Kit politely thanks the student and pulls Beam in the indicated direction.

Forth, sitting with Ming, Park, and Lam at their usual table in the cafeteria, notices the two math students first. "Hey pup, hey Kit." He grins and invites them to sit with them at their table as well.
A murmur goes through the present students. Forth invites someone to his table? Impossible. Everyone in the engineering faculty knows that this table is used exclusively by Forth and his three friends. So far, no other student has been invited to this table. They decide to observe this situation a little bit closer.

...

Forth's POV

I can not help but grin when Beam opens his eyes in disbelief and blows up his cheeks as I greet him. Now he looks even more like a pup. I chuckle, then slide on the bench to the left so he can sit between me and Lam. Kit is already in a conversation if you can call the exchange of body fluids conversation, with Ming.

"Wow, you two, take a room." I hear Park grumble who is sitting right next to these two lovebirds.

"You're just jealous!" Responds Ming and resume his activity of covering Kit's face with kisses. The two definitely set a very fast pace in their relationship. Wait, what kind of relationship do they have?

(A/N: My country is very open-minded to the public display of affection. Holding hands and kissing in public is completely normal here, regardless of whether this happens between a heterosexual or homosexual couple. So, the caresses that Ming and Kit exchange here is nothing unusual.)

I notice Beam scooting restlessly around on the bench and finally tucking my sleeve. "Um, Forth, do you have the external hard drive with the video footage?"

I nod, pull it out of my backpack and hand it over to Beam. "May I ask what you need the video recordings for?"

"I'd like to get to the bottom of your problem. I can not imagine that you simply lose the ability to sink a ball in the basket overnight. There has to be more, so I need the video footage of your games." Beam answers my question in a determined tone.

I look at Beam in amazement. I did not expect him to take the whole thing so seriously ... there is a sense of happiness in my gut. Happiness due to the fact that he really wants to help us. "Okay, if you need help or something is unclear to you, let me know. And Beam ... "

" Huh? "

"Thank you."

Now it's Beam turn to look at me in amazement. "What did you thank me for?"

I smile. "Thanks for your effort, pup!" And there it is again, that irritated expression on Beam's face. Before he can open his mouth, I interrupt him. "Did you have lunch? You are welcome to eat here. The pasta is not bad and the soup is also eatable."