Chapter XII - Playing Cupid

Sweeties, I'm so sorry, that I didn't update my stories last weekend, but there is so much happening in my life ... Many thanks again for your good luck wishes and yes, I got the job and will move to the capital in early May. I'm super excited and really looking forward to my new job.

I know, the last chapter was very medical (sorry ZiaJang that it affected your brain so badly), but according to the title this chapter is much lighter 😉

Happy reading <3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

3rd Person's POV

The atmosphere that prevails in Tul's office could be described as tense. There is also a good deal of unbelief and fear, but also gratitude. Gratitude?

"Thank you very much for wanting to get to the bottom of this whole thing and help us with our problem. While your theory still sounds unbelievable to me, it does in a way mean that there is a logical explanation for all of this and that we have not simply lost our abilities overnight." The basketball captain sincerely thanks Beam, Kit, and Tul. The other three players nod in confirmation because it was also a time of self-doubt and uncertainty for them.

"Forth, do you want to tell Max about our suspicions, or is it better not to tell him anything at first?" Lam wants to know.

"Hm, it would be better Max would know, but maybe it would be better if Beam explained everything to him in detail together with Tul. I think then he is able to understand everything properly and also can believe in our theory. Tul, would you be willing to talk to our trainer and bring in your professional opinion?" Forth looks questioningly at Tul.

"That should not be a problem. When is your next training?"

"Tomorrow afternoon. Do you and Beam have time to come to our training?" Beam and Tul nod and promise to talk to Max the next day before training and explain everything to him.
After that has been clarified, everyone is heading home.

Ming's POV

If this theory developed by Beam, Kit, and Tul is true, then Phana is dead ...
But as Forth said, the theory is hard to believe. And it's just a theory, we do not have proofs, even if the evidence tells us otherwise.

Kit, who steps down the stairs next to me, also seems to have his doubts, I nudge him, grabbing his hand and enclose it with mine. It's amazing how well his hand fits in mine ...

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I do not know this hypnosis stuff worries me...actually scares me. Is it really that easy to put someone in a trance and steal memories?" Kit looks at me wide-eyed.

Hello, protective instinct!

I stroke reassuring over the back of his hand with my thumb. "I can understand your thoughts, this whole thing doesn't seem right. But I do not think you can just put someone in a trance in the middle of the street like this. But, if Phana really has hypnotized us, then certainly not without some tricks."

We have now arrived at the exit of the medical faculty. Park and Lam are already on their way to their dormitory, but Forth and Beam are waiting for us. These two, in spite of the initial difficulties, now seem to get along quite well.

Ha! What do my eyes see?

Beam stands in front of Forth, his cheeks flushed, nervously playing with the straps of his backpack...

"Do you see what I see?" Kit whispers excitedly. I just nod. "I thought they did not like each other?"

"I thought so too, but apparently we were wrong if we interpret the current situation correctly."