Chapter XXI - The Final

Yay, I'm back with that story.

Did you miss me? I definitely missed you and also the two main actors of this story.

After more than four weeks I have finally written a new chapter for this story. Please believe me, it was definitely not my plan to neglect this story for so long, but somehow I had to struggle with some kind of writer's block. A writer's block which was more like that I just couldn't develop a feel for my characters and didn't know how the story would evolve. Slowly this feeling comes back, which is why I am finally able to update.

Thank you so much for waiting so long, so patiently. Love you all!

Happy reading <3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

3rd person's POV

Loud chants and cheers echo through the university's basketball stadium. The finals of the University Basketball Championship are held here today. The tension of the two teams is almost palpable with the hands, the tense atmosphere is also transmitted to the spectators.

Finally, the kick-off whistle, the referee throws the ball into the air and the two team captains fight for the ball for the first time. The team which wears dark grey tricots has won the ball and the ball is dribbled to the opponent's basket at a fast pace. Passed twice and then shoot.
Already they return to their position, ready to fend off the attack of the blue team. One of the players gives away his pass and the ball comes into the possession of the opposing player with the number 10 on the back, who loses no time and heads to the other side of the playing field. Some well-placed passes serve to distract and fatigue the blue team before number 8 targets the basket without hitting.
The ball is now back in the possession of the blue team, who immediately start the next attack, work their way over the right side to the basket and finally sink the ball with the help of a skillful diversion maneuver.

The speed and agility of the players are incredibly high and the atmosphere in the stadium also reaches a new dimension. Fast passes are interrupted by quickly achieved baskets, both teams show absolute top performance, fighting for every single point.

The end of the first quarter is only a few minutes away and the grey team starts its last attack in this quarter. Number 6 passes the ball to number 10, who when he wants to take the ball is tackled hard by a player of the blue team and bangs against the wall. An outcry goes through the audience but the referee can't see a foul and only allows a throw-in from the sideline for the grey team. The boos and whistles are loud and the referee's decision is clearly mistaken. Nevertheless, the grey team continues its attack and can successfully sink the ball into the basket. Then the final whistle sounds.

The first quarter is finished, the grey team leads with three points. The players of both teams gather on the sidelines, wipe the sweat off their foreheads, drink a few sips, listen to the instructions given to them by their coaches for the next quarter.
Shortly before the short break is over and the players return to the field, the player of the grey team with number 10 looks around looking for a special someone. His eyes are caught by a small figure on the edge of the first tribune block, a smile playing around his mouth as the figure nods encouragingly to him. Then he enters the playing field with powerful steps.

The second quarter is also marked by fast actions and movements, but also by a certain aggressiveness between the two teams. Currently, the blue team is led by two points. The fans of the grey team supported their team with loud cheers. But the second quarter ends without the grey team being able to make up the difference.

Breathing heavily, the players retreat to the edge of the field. They try to catch their breath again and internalize the tactics ordered by the coach. Both teams are determined to win this championship. Some because they want to prove that they can win without foul play, others because they want to show that as a team they are able to overcome all difficulties

"You must fight with more determination for the rebound in any case. Here the other team is much stronger and you have missed some good chances. Finally, show what you're made of."

"Got it, coach."

With new motivation and determination, both teams enter the field again. The next half hour will show who will emerge victorious from this game.

...

...

The tense silence in the stadium is palpable. The spectators stare spellbound at the field on which the player with the number 10 is standing on the free-throw line and is supposed to take his free-throw. The hard foul against him was recognized immediately this time and punished by the referee. Three free throws are now at his disposal. Three possible points that would lead his team to victory.
He has already pocketed the first two throws, the last one now matters. Then his team has won clearly and the game can be finished.

He breathes deeply, closes his eyes for a moment and recalls everything he has been training again and again in the last few weeks.

"Both toes must point forward, the throwing arm is completely stretched and the swing comes from the ankles."

Again he breathes deeply, then a determination is reflected on his face as he positions himself and executes his final throw.

THUDDD!

A resounding cheer makes the walls of the stadium tremble.

The Wolves have won the university basketball championship!

The spectators stream onto the playing field to celebrate their team. The team members are lifted up and cheered by everyone.  Especially the captain of the team, player number 10, is celebrated and receives congratulations from all sides.

The captain, however, is looking for a certain person. Only when he can hold this person in his arms can he enjoy this moment from the bottom of his heart.

"FOOOORTH!"

When it finally sounds behind him and he has hardly turned around, his boyfriend shoots at him like a cannonball and lands safely in his arms. Beam, who hangs on him like a monkey, snuggles his nose against his.

"You did it. Congratulations."

"Thank you, pup. Without your help, we would never have got this far. So it's your victory too!"

His boyfriend's reddened cheeks make Forth immediately kiss them, making Beam giggle. After a last peck on the mouth, the two let go of each other and enjoy the celebration that takes place around them.

- - - - - - The End- - - - - -

...

...

...

...

...

Just kidding!

- - - - - - TBC- - - - - -

I know it's quite a short update. An update that leaves many questions unanswered. But if I had already answered everything, then I wouldn't have any reason to write another chapter or two ;)