Forever

Sanem woke up quite late, 7, considering it was her wedding day. She felt calm and couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She picked up her phone and saw Can had messaged her a few minutes after 6, she called him.

C: ''hey baby''

S: ''good morning my love''

C: ''just checking how you are feeling... I'm excited...''

S: ''me too, isn't it bad luck to talk to each other before the wedding?''

C: ''no... I think we are done with bad luck!'' he chuckled.

S: ''what are you doing until 2?''

C: ''breakfast with Emre, Metin and Akif, then checking everything is in place at the house and the beach.''

S: ''I'll spend all this time getting beautiful for you.'' She giggled.

C: ''and how much more beautiful can you get?''

S: ''you'll see... I can't wait!! I love you.''

C: ''I love you so much baby.''

Sanem got out of her bedroom, Ayhan was already downstairs along with the family. They would all have breakfast, get their hair and nails done next door and make their way to a hotel next to the beach to dress. Their friends and guests would be gathering at the beach where chairs had been settled for everyone to witness them signing their wedding ceremony.

The girls squealed and hugged Sanem as soon as she entered the kitchen, the air was vibrating and Mevkibe was as stressed as she was loud. They arrived at the hotel at midday and ordered some trays of food. Sanem had a very natural make up, her hair was up in a Spanish bun and a net was covering half her face, she liked this art deco style. They joked, relaxed and chatted like only women do until it was time to get dressed. Sanem's dress turned her into a vestal goddess; made of light ivory silk, it was straight with small shoulder straps covered in shiny beads, and thick band of those same beads at the waist, the cleavage was V shaped and so was the back but much deeper. She was wearing flat sandals; the sand wasn't allowing heels and she wanted to be comfortable for the whole day and night.

Sanem walked toward the beach, Emre was standing next to his brother and saw her first; he poked his brother who turned around. Can's heart skipped a beat, it was becoming very real... he was about to marry the love of his life, to promise in front of everyone that he would protect her until the end of his life. He held his hand out for her to take, ''you are so beautiful'' he said. Sanem felt beautiful and comfortable. They sat at the registration table, Ayhan and Leila on one side, Akif and Emre on the other as witnesses. The celebrant proceeded with the ceremony, Sanem couldn't let go of Can's hand, they both smiled when they were pronounced husband and wife. They stood up as one, their hands in the air. Can held Sanem's cheek and gently kissed her on the lips. Sanem couldn't help but blush and they were swamped by all their family and friends for hugs and kisses.

The guests proceeded to the house and were served drinks while Mr and Mrs Divit stayed behind at the beach to have a few photos taken. They drove to the house for the reception in Can's white car, the one they had driven to Agua together for the first time. He brought her hand to his mouth and kissed her. ''We should have ridden my scooter, my dress would look really good with the red!!'' They laughed... ''I'm really happy my love'' she told him ''me too baby.'' They sat in a soothing silence until they reached the house.

They were welcomed by cheers and hooras, more hugs and kisses. Metin handed them both a glass of Champagne and they all cheered. Can's father, who had arrived a couple of days earlier made a speech welcoming Sanem and her parents into his family. Unlike Huma, he was warm, open and generous. Mevkibe and Nihat were relieved the man had been the opposite to his ex-wife.