4 Falling

"Maybe it's time we start emphasize the acting part a bit more.", I suggested as we paired up as usual. "One of the main rules of good acting is that it's better to over do it than to under do it, so keep that in mind, okay? Ready?" "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?", he suddenly exclaimed, grabbed my hands and pulled me close to him. "It is the east...", he continued while looking me straight in the eye, holding a serious face. Our faces were very close and our bodies were touching. "...and Juliet is the sun", he finished, slowly dipping me like we had just finished a dance. I was baffled. Where did this come from? "Like that?", he grinned, lifted me back up and let go of me. "Yes, just like that", I said putting on a smile, but he could probably tell I was a bit taken back. "That was actually really good. And that's not even our scene. I'm impressed, Monty", I continued. He didn't reply but I think I think I saw some pride in his face. That class we really bonded. We want all in on the acting, laughed and I actually had a lot of fun. It's like his whole wall just disappeared and he forgot all the other people in the room. I felt like I had know him for years. Maybe this is who he really is? What if this is the real Monty?

"Hey, Monty.", I called for him as he was about to leave. "We're almost done with the assignment so I thought maybe we could meet up a hour earlier before the next class and go through the whole scene a few more times?", I asked. "I can't. I have practice that day", he explained. I nodded and expected for him to turn and leave. "I don't have any plans this evening, though. Maybe we could meet up later?", he suggested. I didn't expect that. "Erm... sure", I said without even thinking. He handed me his phone. "Alright. Give me your number and I'll text you", he smiled. I typed it in and saved it in his contacts. He threw me a quick goodbye and left. Montgomery de la Cruz just asked for my number...

I was standing in front of my mirror, just looking at myself. Is this really happening? Am I just now waiting for Monty to text me so we can meet up, or is this another dream? I fixed my hair and makeup and decided to distract myself with some TV. 20 minutes into my distraction my phone buzzed. It was and unknown number and it couldn't be anyone else. "My parents have filled the house with people. Could we be at your place?", It said. And before I had the time to really process what was going on I had texted him my address. "Hey, Mom. I'm having a friend from acting class over", I yelled from the living room. "sure, honey", she yelled back from I don't know where. Half an hour later I heard the doorbell. I ran from my room hoping to reach the door before anyone else, but I was too late. In the hallway I found my mother, with a wide grin, and Monty. "Montgomery is here to see you", she said, like none of us had no idea he was coming. "Figured", I replied. "Hi, down the hall and to the right", I said to Monty, and he nodded. He gave my mum a smile and headed in the direction I had told him to go. "He's cute", my mum whispered to me. She was looking at him as he walked away from her like he was lunch. I sighed and followed him, turning my head to give my mother a stern look, but it had no effect on her. I followed him into my room and closed the door behind me. "Sorry about that. I tried to beat her to the door", I explained. He laughed. "It's alright. Somehow I have a feeling you don't have a lot of boys over", he said, giggling. "You think", I joked and threw a pillow at him, but he dodged it. "Feisty one", he said laughing.

We rehearsed the play for good hour and a half. I was actually super impressed. He's really talented. "You are really good. How come you haven't signed up for the acting class years ago?", I asked. "I don't know. I just... Didn't have an interest for it, I guess", he said, looking at the floor, fiddling with one of my teddy bears. We were both sitting on my bed. Him in the foot end leaning against the wall, and I cross-legged right beneath my pillow. "My mum kind of forced me to go. She thinks I have to focus on other things than just baseball. "All you think about is that damn game. Baseball is you life. You need a hobby" she said. But I kind of get where she's coming from. And it's pretty fun", he said. That smile of his. It makes my heart skip a beat every time. It makes me forget what an asshole he really is.

I might actually be falling for him...

__________________________________

Please please let me know if you like it by leaving a like and/or a comment.