5 Preformance day

"Have you ever done any acting before? You're really talented.", I asked. "No, not really. Oh wait, I played a dwarf in third grade when my class put on Snow White", he laughed. "I don't think that counts", I laughed with him. "But I mean it. I think you can get far if this is something you want to focus on. You're a natural", I assured him, smiling. He smiled looking at the floor, blushing. "Can I tell you a secret?", he asked. "Of course." "I kind of have a secret dream to become an actor. To starr in a movie or something.", He admitted, still blushing. "Looks like we share the same dream", I replied, still smiling.

After he want back home I sat on my bed trying to process what had just happened. Montgomery de la Cruz had been at my house... in my room even. And he was kind and funny and... normal. He even told me a secret. That must mean that somehow he trusts me. I was surreal. Just thinking about his name would usually make me slightly nauseous, but now it gave totally different associations. And I was pretty sure I was falling for him... at least one version of him.

I didn't see him at school the following day, and when the evening came it was time for class again, and this time we were going to preform our scene in front of the class. I knew we had rehearsed more than enough. The scene sat perfectly, but I couldn't help but feel nervous. Not for me, but for him. Up until this point he only had to get comfortable around me, but now he had to preform in front of everyone, and he had barely spoken to any of them. I arrived before him, as usual, and he came walking right up to me as soon as he walked in. "You ready?", I asked. "Yeah", he said, but I noticed the nervousness in him. "Hey, look at me", I said, and spun him around to face me. He looked at me, and now it was obvious he was very nervous. "You are a great actor! When we rehearsed yesterday it was perfect. Everyone here share your dream, and you are going to knock them off their feet. Just focus on me, okay?", I comforted him. He nodded and took a deep breath. It seemed to help a bit. We watched about half the group before the teacher called our names. Monty looked at me, panic in his eyes. I gently grabbed his face with both hands and looked him straight in the eye. ". Remember your dream. Just like yesterday, It's only you and me. No one else is here. Focus on me, only me", I gave him as one last advice and reminder before we had to go up in front of everyone and preform.

And what a performance it was. I don't know if it was my advice or if he just managed to pull himself together on his own, but it was just as good as it was when we rehearsed it in my room. I could tell everyone was impressed my him, the teacher included. "Fantastic! Great performance! What a talent", she exclaimed when we were done. He was proud, no doubt about it. And so was I. "Nailed it!", I whispered as we joined the group to make room for the next preformers. He surprised me by pulling me in for a hug. Butterflies! I was stunned for a second, before I hugged him back. He pulled back from the hug, grinning from ear to ear. "Hell yeah", he whispered back. And for something that probably felt like a lot longer than it actually was, we just stood there looking at each other, smiling like idiots. We realized at the same time how stupid we both must have looked, and both turned to watch the rest of the group do their performances. The teacher pulled us both aside on the way out after class. "Hey, Maya and Monty. Once again, great performance you guys. I am impressed", she said ecstatically. "Looks like Maya was able to teach you a few tips and tricks, huh?", she grinned at Monty. "Yeah", he smiled, shooting me a quick glance. "I had a gut feeling the two of you would be a good match. Maya, you did a great job helping him. He's already on a level that takes most people months to reach" "It wasn't really much to help with. He's a natural.", I admitted. He blushed again. "Well, I can't wait to see both of you evolve. Have a great weekend and I'll se you again on Monday"

"I better get going. I have a bus to catch", I told him as we stood outside the theater. "Okay, see you Monday", he replied. "See you Monday". I turned and walked the short distance to the bus-stop. I was waiting for the bus, playing a game on my phone, when I was interrupted by something blocking the sun. I looked up and straight into a rolled down car window with a familiar face behind it. "Hey, do you want a ride?", Monty smiled. I smiled back and got in. On the drive home the conversation flowed naturally and we were cracking jokes and laughing. It felt like I had known him my whole life. There was no awkwardness at all, like I had expected it to be. He pulled up to my house and I picked my bag up from the floor of the car. "Thanks for the ride", I said, and got ready to leave. "No stress. Thanks for... the advice. I couldn't have done that today if it wasn't for you", replied. "No stress", I mimicked him, making him laugh. "Bye". "Bye", he smiled back. Another one of those moments went by where we were just looking at each other like idiots. I snapped out of it and left the car. I walked inside and watched him drive off from my living room window.

Yep, I'm definitely falling for him. Shit!

_______________________________

Please leave a vote <3