Chapter 24

*elsewhere, on the train to Yokohama city*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Midoriya, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, Iida and Kirishima were on their way to Yokohama city, where the tracker that was placed on the nomu pointed them to.

"Let me say this much...", Todoroki started. "What we're about to do is an extremely selfish thing that won't be accepted by anyone, even Bakugo and probably not by (y/n) either. If you want to turn back, there's still time."

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't completely sure about this", Kirishima objected. "Plus, Bakugo isn't the kind of dude that would let a bunch of villains push him around."

"I'm worried", Yaoyorozu admitted. "Sure, Bakugo will manage with that foul mouth of his, but what about (y/n)? She's so soft and kind. I'm afraid she's intimidated by the villains or even scared."

"Then you don't know her very well", Todoroki argued.

"What do you mean?", Yaoyorozu asked.

"(Y/n) can be a real bitch when she wants to be", Kirishima answered.

"Not the words I would use, but you're right", Todoroki agreed. "(Y/n) won't let those villains walk over her. She can get fired up quite easily. I don't think Bakugo will hold her back for that matter."

"I hope you're right", Yaoyorozu answered with a small sigh.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"The hell we will!", I answered Shigaraki. "You can take your fucking offer and shove it up your ass!"

I was a bit out of it due to the blow to my head, but I was clear enough to follow the conversation. I didn't want to take any risks though, so I was sitting on the floor near Bakugo's chair.

"What she said", Bakugo grinned as he nodded to me.

Shigaraki muttered something under his breath and turned to the bar again without saying a word. He made a vague hand gesture to Kurogiri, who turned on the tv.

That's... Aizawa-sensei! And the principal and Vlad King!

I couldn't really focus on the small screen since it was far away and it was giving me a headache, but I listened to the voices. I recognized those of Aizawa, Nezu and Vlad King, and by what they were saying I quickly figured that the others were reporters.

It was a harsh interview, the reporters continuously firing questions like the people from U.A. were the bad guys. I suppose some of those questions were fair, considering the amount of villain attacks, but they were too mean.

The questions asked were normal press questions like 'how do you deal with the parents of the injured students?' And 'what measures are taken to prevent these sorts of events from happening in the future?'

"Why're they criticizing the heroes, huh?", Shigaraki asked as he spread his arms. "Their only crime was doing too little, too late! It's their job to protect people, but everyone screws up every now and then."

Where is he going with this?

"Why're people expecting them to be perfect?", Shigaraki continued. "Heroes sure have it rough nowadays. Am I right, Bakugo, (l/n)?"

"The minute saving people started coming with a paycheck, heroes stopped being heroes", Spinner said. "This is what Stain has taught us!"

"Save someone, you get money, you get fame. Sounds weird to me", Shigaraki chimed in. "In this society, where the precious rules are everything, the people aren't cheering for the losers, telling them to fight another day. They're blaming them. Our war is based on a few simple questions. 'What is a hero?' 'What is justice?' Is this what society's really supposed to be like? Once we get people thinking about this stuff, that's when we've won. And I know you love to win."