Chapter 40

Alright, I have a problem. I don't know if you noticed, but I write ahead. It's just so I can still update when I don't feel like or don't have the time to write for a few days. I'm currently working on chapter 52, but I kind of reached the end of the manga...? I mean the manga is still ongoing, but the current arc is about the League and I'm not sure what to write about. I think I'll update a little less frequently because I do have some ideas but I don't want to write something to later find out the manga is completely different. So I'll see what I'm gonna do, but I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for reading!

After I changed into some normal clothes and cleaned myself up I left the dormitories. I wanted to clear my head a bit and I had nothing to do anyway, so I made a decision.

I'm going to the butterfly garden, and if that cat is still there I'm taking it with me.

I hummed a random melody as I walked the school grounds. Eventually I reached the butterfly garden, where the familiar cat appeared in the bushes.

I knelt down in front of it and held out my hand. The cat, which was spotted black and white like a cow, carefully came towards me.

I let it sniff my hand before I pet it on it's head. It purred.

I noticed that the cat was pretty skinny, so I assumed it was a stray.

"Aren't you pretty", I mumbled.

The cat had a large black spot on it's head, which covered one eye and ear. It's right front paw was black, as well as part of it's back and half of it's tail.

I picked the cat up to see if it minded. I shrugged when it didn't and took it to the vet.

A few hours later I walked back to the dorms with the cat in my arms. I bought food and stuff for him, which was in my backpack, and got him all checked out at the vet.

I used my elbow to ring the bell since I had my hands full and waited for someone to answer.

"(Y/n)!", Ashido greeted me when she opened the door.

"Hey, Mina", I replied and I walked through the door. "Do you know if anyone in our class is allergic to cats?"

"Hmm not that I know of", Ashido answered.

"Great", I smiled. "This is Kuro. My new cat."

"Awesome!", Ashido squealed.

We got everything set up for him before letting him explore the dormitories. Ashido and I sat down on one of the couches and chatted about nothing in particular.

A few hours later the front door opened and closed again.

"Hey, uhm...", I heard Todoroki said.

I turned around to see him walking up to the couch with Kuro in his arms.

"Whose cat is this?"

"Mine", I answered. "His name's Kuro."

"Where did you find a cat?", Todoroki asked while putting Kuro down on the couch.

"In the butterfly garden", I answered. "He was a stray, that's why he's so skinny. I took him to the vet this afternoon where he got all his shots and was dewormed and stuff like that."

"Oh, okay", Todoroki said.

"So how were the lessons?", Ashido asked.

"Yeah, and where's Katsuki?"

"It was fine. Bakugo immediately went up to his room."

"Alright", I shrugged. "I'm going to ask everyone if they're okay with Kuro tonight, otherwise I'll just keep him in my room like Koda does with his bunnies. But are you okay with it?"