Chapter 9

Just for the convenience of the story, Kaminari didn't make it into the second round (my poor bby) and (y/n) takes his place in the cavalry battle as well as the tournament. Hope that clears things up for you.

Happy reading!

Immediately after the cavalry battle started all became chaos. A lot of teams went after Midoriya and his 10 million points. We took advantage of that and stole their headbands.

I mostly did what Todoroki said and told the rest of the team when I saw an opening somewhere. Other than that I was just defending, deflecting people's greedy hands with darkness as they tried to steal Todoroki's headband.

Yaoyorozu did the same on the left side, and Iida's engine quirk came in handy when we needed to move quickly. Overall, we were a pretty good team. It didn't take us long to acquire a few headbands.

"Let's go for the 10 million points", Todoroki then said.

I agreed but turned my head when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I blew Bakugo away with a shokwave of darkness as he flew towards us. Before he fell Sero caught him with his tape and pulled him back. Bakugo scowled at us, which made me smirk.

A few seconds later Bakugo's headband was snatched by a student from class 1-B, and Bakugo went after him. This gave us a good opportunity to go after Midoriya.

"Let's lessen the competition a bit", Todoroki mumbled before freezing nearly all of the other teams in place, snatching headbands as we passed them.

Then we went after Midoriya's team. Tokoyami used Dark Shadow to try and steal our headbands, but Yaoyorozu blocked him with her quirk.

"Everyone...", Iida started. "Hold on. Recipro Burst!"

We shot forward, and in an instant we got the 10 million points headband. I'd watched Iida enough to know that he would be immobile soon. He knew it too, and continued moving to create as much distance between us and Midoriya's team as possible.

"Shoto", I said. "Turn the headbands inside out and switch them up. That way they won't know which one is worth 10 million points."

Todoroki nodded and did as I said. Iida soon couldn't move anymore, and team Midoriya was closing in on us. My eyes widened when Midoriya activated One For All.

Shit.

I was even more surprised when I felt heat coming from Todoroki's fire. It quickly dispersed and Midoriya's team flew past us, snatching a headband in the process.

"Did they take the 10 million?", Yaoyorozu immediately asked.

"No", Todoroki answered. "But there are two headbands missing. I think Tokoyami took one as well."

I let out a sigh of relief. That relief didn't last long when I saw both Midoriya's and Bakugo's team closing up on us while Iida was still immobile.

"Time's up!", Present Mic's yelled.

Todoroki quickly got off us and looked at our team triumphantly.

"The teams that will move to the next round are team Todoroki, team Bakugo, team Shinso, and team Midoriya!", Present Mic announced.

I turned my head to see Midoriya bursting into happy tears, which made me smile.

"He's lucky Tokoyami took a second headband", Todoroki commented. "Otherwise they never would've made it to the last round."

Yaoyorozu and Iida voiced their agreements. I remained silent and looked at Todoroki. He seemed a bit on edge.

"Sho-chan", I said and he looked at me. "Can I talk to you for a bit?"