Shoelace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Virgil and Roman were walking next to each other going to the Imagination. Roman kept hearing a 'ping' noise. It was light, but Roman somehow heard it.

He looked around. Then his eyes fell on Virgil's boots. The shoelace of his right boot came undone. He thought that Virgil was usually careful and kept himself from danger. Roman looked at Virgil. The emo was looking ahead. He looked to be in deep thought, as he wasn't blinking either.

"Virgil? Do you mind stopping?" Roman spoke up, causing Virgil to get out of his daze. He stopped.

"Huh? Why?" He asked. Roman said nothing as he walked in front of Virgil, kneeled down, and tie the lace himself. Virgil was staring, shocked. Roman was careful of him? Virgil thought that the prince didn't care what Virgil did with himself. Virgil didn't even notice his shoelace undone, but Roman did?

Roman stood back up. "There you go."

"Uh... t-thank y-you...? But, why did you do that?" Virgil asked.

"Because I wouldn't want you to trip. Make sure your shoelaces are tied." The prince said.

"Why do you care if my shoelace is untied or not?" Virgil asked, crossing his arms.

"Well, I care about your well being. I'm a prince, I don't want anyone to get hurt. Especially you."

"Especially me?"

"I-I m-mean... including you?" Roman said. "Y-yeah. Including you. That's what I meant."

"Okay...?" Virgil walked past the prince.

Roman sighed. "That was close..."

Roman ran to catch up to Virgil.

Emile and Remy saw the whole thing happen.

"Aw... did you see that? Roman blushed. He definitely likes Virgil!" Emile said, hugging his clipboard close to his chest.

"I know. You match make everyone. The first time Roman met Virgil, you instantly shipped them." Remy sighed and took a sip of his coffee. "By the way, who do you ship me with?"

"Huh? Oh! No one." Emile said.

"Oh..."

"Because I ship you with me!" Emile smiled. Remy spit out his coffee and coughed. His cheeks were as red as Roman's sash. Emile giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

348 words