Misunderstanding

Roman likes Virgil.

But he thinks Virgil likes Deceit.

Roman sighs and walks to his brother's room. He knocks on the door. The door opens, revealing Remus. Remus sees the troubled look on his brother's face.

"What went up your ass this time?" Remus asked. Roman knew he meant what was up.

"Just let me inside," Roman said.

"Fine, fine." Remus let his brother inside and closed his door. Roman looked around. Black walls and ceiling and green floor. There was a pile of deodorant in the corner that was either eaten or unused. Roman sits down on Remus' bed.

"Jeez... something must've gone up your ass if you're acting like this..." Remus mutters.

"Sorry. It's about Virgil." Roman said.

"What about him?" Remus sits down on his green beanbag, sinking into it.

"It's just that... I think he likes someone other than me." Roman said.

"And who is this someone?" Remus raises an eyebrow.

"Deceit," Roman said.

Silence.

"Pfft- hahahahahahah!" Remus laughed. "Y-You think- haha haha!"

"What is it?"

"You think Virgil likes Deceit!? I'm dating Deceit, you idiot!" Remus laughed harder.

"Wait, what?" Roman muttered.

"Yeah. I'm dating Dee. Is that such a surprise?" Remus asked.

"I- I never thought you would date anyone..." Roman mumbled.

"Oh my god, you're such a pain in the ass. Confess to Virgil, I bet he'll like you back."

"A-Are you sure?" Roman asked.

"Of course, I'm sure," Remus said.

"A-Alright..." Roman got up and walked out of Remus' room.

Remus looked at his pet octopus. "At least you're not like him, Octi."

~~~~~

Roman took a deep breath and knocked on Virgil's door. The door opened, revealing Virgil.

"Oh, hey, Princey," Virgil said.

"H-Hey, Virgil... I have something to tell you." Roman said.

"Sure, what is it?" Virgil asked.

"I like you. Really like you." Roman blushed a bit.

"A-As in romantically...?" Virgil blushed a bit from under his white foundation.

"Mhm." Roman hummed.

"I-I like you too." Virgil smiled a bit and hugged Roman.

Roman's eyes widen as he slowly hugged back. "And after all this time... I had thought you liked Deceit..."

"What?" Virgil pulled away.

"Sorry... I thought you liked Deceit and not me." Roman said.

"You dork... of course I like you. Remus is dating Deceit, I doubt he would let anyone go near him." Virgil said.

"Wait, you knew Remus was dating Deceit?" Roman asked.

"Of course, everyone knew. Didn't you?"

"...Uh... yeah." Roman sweated a bit.

"Liar." Virgil smiled. "And an idiot."

Roman looked down. Virgil kissed Roman's cheek.

"But you're my idiot now."

Roman smiled and kissed Virgil softly.