Lost Voice

10 more parts and this book is completed. Don't worry, there'll be another book. Make sure to request stuff.

Virgil was cursed. Let's just say... a dragonwitch cursed him and now he can't speak anymore. To reverse it, he needs to fall in love with someone. Cliche, I know, but the totally not author of this not book didn't come up with it on the spot.

But, the thing is, he did fall in love with someone, but the person has to love him back and has to actually say it out loud in order to break the curse. And Virgil doubted that Roman would ever love him back.

Right now he was in his room, doing nothing. Everyone heard that Virgil got cursed because he wrote it down for them. But he didn't tell them how to reverse it since Roman was there at the time.

Then there was a knock on the door. Virgil got up and opened it. He saw Roman looking at his phone. He looked up at Virgil.

"Ah, Virgil. I was looking for you." Roman smiled. Virgil nodded and tilted his head. "Because I have to give you something."

Roman summoned a letter and handed it to Virgil.

"It's an invitation. Just read it, and you can decide what to do from there." Roman walked away, leaving Virgil there to ponder. He closed the door and opened the letter. He read it and his heart pounded from deep within his chest.

It was an invitation to a party.

Virgil was wondering whether or not he should go. In the letter, it said that Roman had to tell everyone something important. Virgil raised his hands to his chest. He was still beating heavily, so Virgil took a deep breath and nodded.

He needed to go to that party.

~~~~~

Virgil got ready for the party. He was wearing a black and purple dress with black combat boots. Not really what you would wear with a dress, but the style actually suited him. He took a couple of deep breaths. Everyone was probably at the castle right now while Virgil was trying not to have an existential crisis. He shook his head.

He stepped away from the mirror and sunk down and out of his room. He rose up at the castle entrance, which was open wide. He slowly walked inside and instantly went to a corner. There were surprisingly a lot of people.

He felt awkward standing there alone, but then Roman walked up the steps where the throne was and grabbed a microphone.

"Good evening everyone and welcome to the party. Hope all of you are having a good time..." He trailed off and his eyes wandered through the crowd. His eyes stopped on Virgil, who was at the back of the crowd. He smiled a bit. "I actually threw this party for someone in particular. Someone who has been cursed."

Virgil's eyes widened as he heard muttering within the crowd.

"And I talked with the dragonwitch who cursed him and I now know what to do. Virgil, can you come up here for a second?"

Everyone turned to look at Virgil. Virgil slowly made his way to the front. He heard muttering and whispering as he walked up the steps. Roman put the mic down.

"She said you had to fall in love and that person also has to love you back. Do you love somebody?" Roman asked. Virgil saw something in Roman's eyes that he couldn't wrap his head around. Virgil slowly nodded. "Who do you love? You can just point."

Virgil slowly pulled his index finger up to touch Roman's chest. Virgil looked down. He put his hand down. He heard Roman take a few steps forward. Roman titled Virgil's head up.

"I love you too." Roman smiled and slowly kissed him. There was a flash of light around Virgil and he wrapped his arms around Roman's neck. Roman pulled him closer.

Everyone in the crowd cheered for them, but there was one person who wasn't cheering.

'He' turned away from the crowd and walked off to where 'he' was alone. 'He' shapeshifted back to 'his' true form.

"Well, looks like my time here is done. Well done, Virgil..." She whispered and disappeared.

714 words