Cat Instinct

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Virgil's POV~

I was sat on the couch on my phone, my legs crossed. Princey was next to me, sketching. Logan was on the other side of the couch, reading.

Patton popped up with something silver in his hand.

"Hey, kiddos and Logan! I found something in my room while I was cleaning. It's a laser pointer!" Patton said. My eyes widened and I tensed up.

'D-did he say... l-laser pointer...?' I thought. 'Don't turn it on!'

"Cool! Does it still work?" Princey asked.

'F you Princey... f you.'

"It should. I haven't checked." Patton said and pointed the laser at the ground. The laser just HAD to be red and addicting.

'Stay. Strong. Virgil! Cat instinct. Why? I can't take it...! The laser is just so mesmerizing!' I groaned.

I forgot all about my worries. My eyes followed the laser. I put down my phone on the armrest.

~Princey- I mean... Roman's POV~

I looked at Logan. He was looking at Patton, a small smile on his lips.

'He soooo likes Patton.' I thought.

I looked at Virgil. He wasn't on his phone. He didn't look bored. His eyes flickered across the floor. He was following the path of the laser. Virgil looked... like he was in a trance.

I got up from the couch. Virgil didn't even flinch. I walked to Patton.

"Hey, padre, can I see the laser pointer?" I asked.

"Oh, sure." He handed me the laser. I took it quickly, as to not let Virgil out of his trance.

I pointed the laser on the couch cushion Virgil was sitting on. His hand batted it. I let the laser slide slowly down the couch and on the floor in front of him. Virgil pounced on it.

'He's just like a cat!'

Patton and Logan watched, intrigued. Patton was trying hard not to squeal.

I pointed the laser a foot to the left. Virgil followed it on his hands and knees. He put his hand on the red spot. I twirled the laser around him. He twirled around fast and batted the spot. I lined the laser across the floor and he followed it quickly. I was surprised. I haven't seen a person run on hands and knees that fast. He used his feet to run faster. He pounced at the spot.

I trailed the laser right to my feet. He followed it and batted the spot. I turned the laser off.

~Virgil's POV~

The laser disappeared. Wait, where did it go!?

I was too confused to notice that Roman was in front of me. A hand petted my hair. My worried senses were back. Cat mode was off. I was even more confused at why I was on the floor and not the couch. I looked up and saw Princey smiling down at me.

'Oh... cat mode turned on. Oh f-'

"That was surprising, Virgil. Where did that come from?" Princey asked.

"Instinct on turned cat. I mean- Cat Instinct turned on." I stuttered and face-palmed. My words get switched when I'm around Princey.

"What's 'Cat Instinct'?" Princey asked. I was about to answer, but Logan answered first.

"Cat Instinct is when a person has cat-like abilities. They may hiss at people, scratch stuff, sit where no one else sits, purring, playing with cat toys or string or laser pointers, etc." Logan snapped his fingers and a string appeared. I glared at him. He put the string in front of me and teased me with it.