Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

-

Everything fit and made sense; Alex thought that if he could diagnose Luke with having psychosis and give him the medication the blondes recovery in regards to his eating disorder would become a lot smoother

Article after webpage highlighted that it was exactly what the blonde was suffering with. Sid had given him an assessment sheet which he had carefully gone through, warning him not to discuss with either the blonde or his mother until he was almost certain that was was the boy was suffering with; and that he shouldn't go about it with a bias, that he could do it for him if he needed.

But Alex said he was capable of doing it and became more and more certain as he went through the sheet. There were the hallucinations, like the one that he had the night prior, that Ashton had reported. And he was clearly experiencing delusions; for one the fact that he couldn't see that he was underweight and perceived himself as the opposite. 

He scanned all the problems it could be associated with, and he was pretty certain the blonde was not an alcoholic, for one being too young and the other being too innocent. But, he couldn't rule out that the blonde wasn't depressed. He knew that the blonde self-harmed, he had found a brief mention of that in his hospital notes, but it had clearly been pushed aside as his eating disorder was more serious and he didn't even what to know or think about whether the blonde had suicidal thoughts. But, Alex finally concluded that if the fifteen-year-old nearly starved himself to death, there must be a part of him that didn't want to live. 

Alex went on to turn the page of the information booklet to see what the treatment options were. Obviously y there was a therapy which was easily accessible to the blonde was already in an inpatient hospital and with most mental disorders came medication and the side effects came as Alex expected. The possibility of weight gain. He knew he didn't have to tell the blonde this, but he knew that if the blonde were to gain weight quicker than necessary it would stunt his progress mentally with accepting his body.

The man was too busy reading to heat an anxious knock at his office door and see the young blonde slip in. "Alex?" Luke said softly, his arms covering his body insecurely.

The therapist jumped slightly and looked up at his patient, quickly slipping the papers under other folders. "How are you doing?" he asked, sitting back in his chair and looking at the blonde. He hadn't seen him since yesterday, their session is later in the day. "How are you finding that?" he said, gesturing towards the tube sticking out of the blonde's nose.

"Fine," Luke shrugged. He often forgot it was there until someone reminded him or he caught another patient staring at him, making him realise why. 

Alex nodded, he took it as truth seeing the boy didn't seem to bother by it, and wasn't when it was first put in. "What can I help you with then, I'm sure you're not here to vent your feelings to me just yet," the therapist joked, wanting to lighten the mood so the blonde would feel more at ease talking to him. "Why don't you sit?"

Luke did sit and Alex went back to organising all the paper on his desk, waiting for the blonde to speak. "I um, you said that after a week, if I didn't like my roommate I can move," Luke stated what he had been told on his first day.

Alex looked up shocked. "You don't like sharing a room with Ashton, I thought you both got along well. He has no problem with you."

Luke looked down guiltily, knowing he was just being a coward. He didn't know what to say, there wasn't anything not to like about Ashton. He did like Ashton and that was what made it hard to be in the same room with him, feeling guilty about the kiss that he initiated and then the silence that has followed all throughout the day.

"Look, Luke," Alex sighed. "I know what happened between you and Ashton, he talked about it to Sid and I think you are both upset about nothing. You like him, do you not?" Luke flushed a light pink and cast his head towards the window, nodding insecurely. "I think he might like you too, just talk to him, and if you don't sort something out by the end of the week, then I will see what I can do about moving you."

The blonde thought about the possibility of Ashton liking him back, the likelihood seemed slim but despite Alex lying to him the other day, he still trusted him. "Okay," he agreed. he didn't know whether he would instigate the talk, he hoped Ashton would or might never happen.

Alex looked at the blonde who seemed lost in thought, wondering if he should ask him questions now, push for him to tell the truth but he thought he'd leave it be for today. Let him talk to Ashton and allow them to consolidate their relationship whether friends or as a romance. Because Luke was going to need someone to support him through it all, and Alex (unlike Sid) truly believed that a little love wasn't going to do any harm to either of them, only make them both stronger. 

-

Wasn't 100% how I planned it, but I thought if I rush into other stuff it wouldn't be as good.

 Please comment what you thought,

Thank you so much for reading