kim namjoon ;; red light

김 남준
"a remedy that will make my heart beat again"

My ears felt like there were gonna explode from the loud music blasting and I could feel the heart radiating from the sea of bodies around me

My ears felt like there were gonna explode from the loud music blasting and I could feel the heart radiating from the sea of bodies around me. Despite this, my heart beat in excitement, my wild smile showing it all off.  Namjoon's arm remained around my waist tightly.

"Welcome, you guys finally arrived!" Jackson shouted over the music. Namjoon let go of my waist as he did a handshake and hug with Jackson.

"There are drinks near the pool, you guys should come have a little since I'm already on my way to grab a few!" Namjoon nodded and turned to me.

"You comin?" I shook my head.

"I'm heading to the bathroom, make sure you don't drink much because we still have to drive back home 'kay?" He slightly smiled and nodded and gave me a quick peck on the lips before catching up with Jackson.

It took me a while to get through the crowds of people but I finally managed to go upstairs. The bathroom was unlocked thankfully and I quickly went in and did my business.

I decided to look around since I hadn't been around Jackson's mansion much even though he and Namjoon were close. I was fascinated by the unique and lavish designs everywhere. I cringed as I walked past a room and saw Jimin, also another friend of Namjoon, making out with who I assumed was his girlfriend.

I decided to go out the pool and look for Namjoon. I saw him laughing with his other buds and decided to just go inside until I saw his ex walk up to him. I stood and watched as they talked for a moment before she sat comfortably next to him.
I could feel my blood boiling as she was being touchy.

I scoffed as I realized he wasn't stopping her or anything. I turned around and stormed inside the house. I bumped into someone along the way and looked up and saw a random stranger who was quite attractive but I had no interest in him.

"Why the upset face sweetie?" I rolled my eyes and tried walking past him but he held my waist.

"Do you wanna talk it about it upstairs?"

"privately?" He added with a smirk. I could smell his breath and it reeked of alcohol. He was obviously drunk.

"No. Fuck off." The man still wouldn't budge and I felt myself getting even more pissed than I already was. I lifted my hands to push him away but he caught them.

I felt a pair of lips on mine. I stood there dumbfounded for a moment before I realized that this drunk dude was kissing me. Before I could push him off of me he was on the floor. I watched in horror as Namjoon threw a punch at his face.

Namjoon turned around once the guy groaned as he hit the floor. I met his eyes and felt my anger instantly vanish as his cold eyes stared back. He harshly grabbed my wrist.

"We're leaving." He dragged out the house without saying bye to Jackson or anyone and got inside the car.

We sat there for a moment before I decided to speak up.

"Namjoon look I wasn't-"

"Just shut up y/n, I know what I saw okay." I scoffed offendedly. First of all, he told me to shut up. And second of all, did he know that I didn't purposely let the dude kiss me or was he thinking the opposite?

"Yeah and I also know what I saw earlier Namjoon." I spat mercilessly. He looked at me angrily.

"What?" I crossed my arms and looked out the window.

"How was the conversation with your ex earlier?" He sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Y/n, I don't care for her. She's my ex. You know that." I laughed bitterly, the memory of her all over him earlier playing in my head.

"Oh really? That's not what it seemed like when she was all over you and you didn't seem to care because you didn't stop her."

"God what are you implying here? Do you think I would purposely let her do that if I knew?"

"We were just talking goddamn, stop being delusional." This really set me off as I looked at Namjoon offendedly.

"Oh yeah? Me and that guy you punched were just talking too. I don't see the problem with that right Namjoon? Stop being so delusional." He didn't respond as he started the car and sped off at an alarming rate.

I looked at him after a few minutes and saw how pissed he was. Usually we would talk things out whenever there was a disagreement, and I had to admit that I was scared that this was the first time he didn't say anything.

He poked his tongue inside the side of his cheek as we sat in an awkward silence at a red light. I was mentally and physically drained and just wanted to go home.

When the red light turned green, Namjoon started driving faster than he was before. I felt anxious as I saw everything passing by really fast. I didn't know whether to speak up and say something or just stay quiet.

But by then, we were going even faster and I felt like I was gonna have an anxiety attack.

"Namjoon please slow down, you're scaring me." He ignored me as he continued.

I bit my lip and clutched the armrest a little bit tight.

"N-Namjoon please just slow down, im scared." Still no response.

I saw that the light ahead of us had turned red and I realized that there was no way we would stop in time. I freaked out as I shouted at Namjoon. I heard him stepping on the brakes and the screeches of car tires.

"NAMJOON LOOK O-"