Part - 16 - Protective Brother

Nandhini's POV:

"Nandu" I ignored the person who is whispering and concentrated on the sum that professor is teaching us.

"Nandu listen na"

"Navya I am going to give you one tight slap. This Accountancy class is very much important so listen to him and let me listen as well" I whispered back with full concentration on class.

"But" I turned and gave her a one hard glare which is enough to make her shut.The class got over and we are waiting for our management studies professor.

"Now tell me maharani what was the need to talk while class is going on. You know how much I hate it. Don't you?"

"But I wanted to talk about something important"

"Can't the talk wait till the break" I raised my eyebrow.

"But Harsh will be their na" she pouted. Right he will right near our class room once the break bell rings I don't even know how come he comes so quickly when his class is in third floor while mine in First.

"Ok tell me what it is? Anyway sir will come late only"

"Actually I think Harsh wanted to take me somewhere out. You know like a Date" she said and blushed. Before I could tease her

"But you know right amma will not allow. I don't know what to do. I also wanted to go" She held her head with her hands. By then professor came.

"We will think about it later. Don't worry. Now we will attend the class ok."

As always harsh bhai was waiting on our class entrance and waving at as like a excited kid. I giggled to myself and went near him.

"Princess how was the class" He asked me and passed a wink to Navya leaving her flushed thinking that I am not noticing them. He thinks I am a child but come on I am 17 and going to be 18 soon.

"Yes bhai was good and Navya was saying that you are thinking to--" suddenly Navya palmed my mouth and showed her wide eyes

"What? What are saying? And Navya why are you palming her mouth"By then we reached Canteen.

I bit her hand slightly. She immediately took her hand and lightly screamed "Haaa Nandu"

"What happened are you fine" Bhai rushed to Navya and held her hand. I giggled and said "Bhai your Navya is fine. I am not a wild animal that my small bite will hurt her"

Bhai held my ear and smilingly said
"You naughty girl" I too giggled we took our seats and asusual we got served with our juice. My bhai I tell you he is so cute. My thoughts where disturbed by a unfamiliar voice

"Hey man"

--------------------------------------------------------

Manik's POV:

I was sitting in canteen with my friends who are as always bickering about something and eating. After yesterday I feel light, everything is solved except my friendship proposal to Nandhini. I saw her entering in the canteen with harshad and his gf looking like an angel.

Her one smile is enough to light up this own universe

I don't know why am I so desperate to be friend with her.

May be because of her courage to stand against wrong.

May be she is so innocent and too good to others

May be she understands everyone without even knowing them.

May be she cares for the person's happiness inspite of she being hurt

May be she is so pure and beautiful

May be she is my peace

WAIT

WHAT

When I started searching for reason. When I started being so desperate for someone's friendship.

But she is not someone, she is Special. A smile adored my lips thinking about this.

"MANIK MANIK" I came out of thought and looked beside me to see Dhruv looking at me

"We are calling you for past a minute but you are smiling to yourself"

I looked at everyone who are giving me why you are behaving so weirdly. I just shrugged my shoulder in a nothing way but a voice caught my attention.

"Hey man"

I looked behind now what does he want.

"Guys I will be back in a while"

"Wooo I heard right then." I saw him eyeing Nandhini and Navya. Harshad stood up with a rage followed by Nandhini and Navya. I know he is instigating Harshad.

"You-" Harshad was ready to punch the day light out of him. I immediately moved stood between the two.

"Oh Buddy cool down. Hey Hi Aryaman, what man, I know you really wanted your good for nothing face to get broken by Harshad but trust me even my punch is no less" I said the last line dangerously

"But you know now we are not in a mood you see to get our hands dirty. So I will let you know when" I moved closer and said in a hard time "NOW OUT" He left the place immediately.

"Manik why you stopped me I should have shown him is place" Harshad was still ragging like a bull why not Aryaman pressed a wrong button.

"So that you can get dismissed from the upcoming presentation" I said sternly

"I don't give a damn"

"Bhai" our conversation was cutted off by her sweet voice. I looked at her, she was looking at Harshad with worried expression.

"Calm down please" Harshad breathed a heavy sigh

"Come I will drop you in the class" hah isn't her class is in the same floor. Before leaving she looked at me and smiled. I returned her with a even big one.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey bro" Harshad turned towards me.

"Manik you here"

"Yeah I came to take a music book and saw you here so thought why not to join you" we walked inside the management book stand in our library.

"What book are you looking for?" I asked him.

"No bro. I got the books I want. Actually I came with Nandhini. She wanted to copy something. So I accompanied her." I gave him a brief look.

"Ermm. If you don't mind can I tell you something" he nodded with a confused look

"Listen bro. I know Nandhini is your little sister and you should be protective towards her but" I passed

"See don't mistake me but I think you are way more over protective about her, which is not good bro. See she is brave girl and in same time she is innocent. Let her face the world, let her learn things on her own and let her fight her fights you be beside her but don't fight her fights." I completed and he was silent.

"You know Manik. Even I know you are right, beleive me I tried to be not over protective but what can I do I couldn't able to do that. You know she is this small when I held her" his eyes shined talking about Nandhini. May be that's what they call as siblings bond, which I didn't get all my life.

"That time I promised myself that I will protect her from all the evil from this world. I know she has to face her problem on her own which will make her strong. Still I couldn't, but I will definitely try may be it will not happen now, you see it became my habit" we chuckled

"Eventually I will" He smiled at me. But my eyes where stuck on one person who is standing behind Harshad and giving me a smile which made my heart skip.

---------------------------------------------------------

There is no manan in this Chapter. But I hope you guys are not getting bored. Because each and every character plays a important role in this story. But next part I assure you it's full of Manan.