Brother

"Ramblers in the wilderness we can't find what we need
We get a little restless from the searching
Get a little worn down in between
Like a bull chasing the matador, is the man left to his own schemes
Everybody needs someone beside em' shining like a lighthouse from the sea"

(Y/N) had always considered herself to be the 'peace-maker' of the family. Even from when she was a child and would listen to Dick argue with her father; the boy was filled with unrepentant anger, and sometimes he made rash decisions. Sometimes they were good rash decisions and sometimes...they weren't; and on the days that they weren't, she found herself splitting up arguments...like right now.

Dick jammed a finger into Bruce's chest, his voice angry. "You push us all away Bruce! Where do you think you're going to find yourself in the future?!" (Y/N) watched Bruce's eyes narrow, and he shoved Dick's hand away, turning to the Batcomputer.

"It doesn't matter Dick. I have a job to do." He glanced over his shoulder. "So, do you." Bruce turned back around and began typing on the computer, speaking lowly. "And if you can't do that job...leave." (Y/N) saw Dick's hands clench into fists and she moved to him, placing a hand on his bicep; he looked down at her and she took the fury within his eyes as she spoke calmly.

"Let it go Dick." She squeezed his bicep lightly. "It's not worth it...just let it go." Dick took one last look at Bruce before shaking off her hand and moving to the stairs; he stopped as he reached them and looked back at Bruce.

"You keep pushing us away and we aren't going to come back Bruce." He ascended the stairs and (Y/N) stared at his back until he was out of sight; then, she walked over to her father. She leaned against the desk and eyed him.

"You know he has a point, right?" A grunt was all she received, and she sighed, standing up. "I love you dad...you know that, don't you?" He said nothing and she sighed again. "Don't let your stubborn pride drive away your family dad." (Y/N) motioned to the cave. "None of this is worth letting us go." She didn't wait to hear his reply, turning to walk the same way Dick had.

"Brother let me be your shelter
Never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call
When you're low
Brother let me be your shelter
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home"

She followed the sounds of infuriated punches and peeked in the home gym, seeing Dick going at it with a punching bag. (Y/N) stepped inside and leaned against the door. "Your hands aren't properly wrapped Dickie...you're risking injury."

"I don't care right now." He spit out. (Y/N) snorted and picked up the tape, crossing the floor to him. She waited until he was at a pause, then grabbed his hand, leading him to the floor in a sitting position; (Y/N) took his hands and began wrapping them.

"You might not care now...but when you wake up in the morning with broken bones and busted knuckles...you certainly will." She drew the tape over his knuckles and tore it, laying it against his hand; then she looked up at him. "I know it makes you mad Dickie...but that's just how he is." Dick stared at her for a few seconds before rising and continuing punching, every punch he threw emphasized his anger.

"How does he not see that we care! We're always there and it's like he doesn't care!" (Y/N) moved behind the bag and grabbed it, holding it; Dick stopped mid-punch and questioned, "What are you doing (Y/N)?" She grinned at him.

"Someone has to keep the bag from flying back at you." She nodded to his hands. "Let's go Robin...Hit it." He paused and eyed her.